Bio Channel

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Remember when MTV actually WAS Music Television? :) Those were the days...

Oh man..... I remember when MTV first came to be!

Mtvmoon.png

I was 20 something and it was amazing! That's all I watched for several years!
Then, it became, unwatchable garbage. Where's the music TV? Now my daughter watches it and she knows no better, never having seen the real deal and she thinks it's great. Right along with Jersey Shore! :rolleyes: I don't think she's ever even seen a music video and she's been watching MTV for years now.. :(

THAT is why I will not pay for cable or pizza TV. I refuse to subsidize that sort of garbage, stuff that I refuse to watch or have on in my home.
I'm perfectly happy living in the past with my Me and This TV... :)

Last edited:
Oh man..... I remember when MTV first came to be. I was 20 something and it was amazing! That's all I watched for several years!
Then, it became, unwatchable garbage. Where's the music TV? Now my daughter watches it and she knows no better, never having seen the real deal and she thinks it's great. Right along with Jersey Shore! :rolleyes: I don't think she's ever even seen a music video and she's been watching MTV for years now.. :(

THAT is why I will not pay for cable or pizza TV. I refuse to subsidize that sort of garbage, stuff that I refuse to watch or have on in my home.
I'm perfectly happy living in the past with my Me and This TV... :)

There is a MTV all music channel, it's called MTV HITS. MTV Networks also puts out CMT Pure all country music. They are available with the 4DTV on the H2H service. The original MTV is nothing but a joke but at least they still have all music services.

wow i have more descriptive words to describe MTV.... u were so nice... im kinda like Dee_Ann i grew up on the old MTV..... pat benatar, dire straits, headbangers ball, & hairbands

They need to have a Buggles reunion and do a new song, "MTV Killed the Music Star"... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
wow i have more descriptive words to describe MTV.... u were so nice... im kinda like Dee_Ann i grew up on the old MTV..... pat benatar, dire straits, headbangers ball, & hairbands

Now THAT is what I'm talking about !!! :music: :hippie:
8847.gif

Video Killed the Radio Star

Dee and everyone,

You know, I remember seeing that video (Video Killed the Radio Star) on MTV in the early days and I actually hated that song. Now, I rather like it quite a bit. I still think it is a kinda "dumb" song, but it was quite prophetic for the time. I hope you see what I mean... TV was meant to be always be FREE, radio was meant to be "in" audio (only), Bill Cosby's comedic style was going to be in fashion for all time and John Wayne was supposed to live forever and keep making movies! None of those things remained true and I think the world is a lesser place because of it.

Currently, there isn't one big singer or vocal group, not one actor nor comedian, let alone any politician or hero that anyone could possibly admire, look up to or respect today!

I know that sounds very negative and pessimistic, but I wanted it to explain how I feel about that song that you posted. Looking backwards, the song just seems so accurate that it is scary!

Ooooohhh! Ha Ha ;)

BTW, no BIO here for me either!

RADAR

Dee and everyone,

You know, I remember seeing that video (Video Killed the Radio Star) on MTV in the early days and I actually hated that song. Now, I rather like it quite a bit. I still think it is a kinda "dumb" song, but it was quite prophetic for the time. I hope you see what I mean... TV was meant to be always be FREE, radio was meant to be "in" audio (only), Bill Cosby's comedic style was going to be in fashion for all time and John Wayne was supposed to live forever and keep making movies! None of those things remained true and I think the world is a lesser place because of it.

Currently, there isn't one big singer or vocal group, not one actor nor comedian, let alone any politician or hero that anyone could possibly admire, look up to or respect today!

I know that sounds very negative and pessimistic, but I wanted it to explain how I feel about that song that you posted. Looking backwards, the song just seems so accurate that it is scary!

Ooooohhh! Ha Ha ;)

BTW, no BIO here for me either!

RADAR

I totally agree with you! The 90's was the death of pretty much anything worth a darn. I remember when my kids discovered "Beavis and Butthead" on MTV and I was horrified. MTV was near death by then.

Then came Southpark and I was 100x more horrified. The world was going to hell in a handbasket.

My daughter idolizes "Snookie" on Jersey Shore and that useless, plastic creature, Kim Kardashian. These are people she admires! :eek:

My son is much more mellow, he's an evangelical Christian so he has much different hero's than most folks. My daughter? I can't offer any logical explanation for her.. I tried but she is strong willed and independent. I can't imagine where she got that from.. :whistle:

But what role models are there anymore for kids? Is there anything DECENT on TV for kids anymore? NO..... Cartoons are so full of potty mouth language and innuendo that it makes me sick.

In the 90's I pretty much stopped listening to music, MTV was on the decline and I was too busy raising my kids, working and keeping house. The kids were in control of the TV because I was too busy to sit there and watch it anyway.

It's MY OPINION, that the last of the good music died off in the late 80's. Very little good music was produced in the 90's and in this century, NOTHING OF VALUE has been produced.

Last night I was in the kitchen. I needed to clean, wash dishes, cook, etc. I turned on the radio to 92.5 KCOL which is a (mostly) classic rock (60's, 70's 80's) station. What was on? The local high school football game! Arrrrrrrrrrgh!!! :mad::rant:

So I went through the dial searching for some classic rock which is the only music I can tolerate. There was nothing. C&W is NOT for me, tons of Christian stations, again not for me and some new tard music for little EMO kids. After about 10 minutes of trying to find a station I got p****d off :mad:, cursed loudly for a minute, turned the radio off and spent the evening in the kitchen in silence. :(

Then it dawned on me. I have this new WD TV thing in my bedroom on my big screen TV and it's NEAT! I have an old TV in the kitchen that used to be hooked to the satellite but isn't anymore, I do not know for what reason my ex unhooked it but he did :mad: and I thought to myself that I could buy another one of those WD things and put it in the kitchen on that TV and use it to watch TV in the kitchen once again or listen to the radio even when they put stupid sports on the local radio! Woo hoo!

So yeah. I'm a half century old and I don't like anything new. New music, isn't music. It's noise that makes me want to smack the radio with a hammer!

The BS that's on TV is, BS. That's why I am so thrilled to have MeTV and ThisTV.
During the day I watch OTA stuff, ladies talk shows and court shows then by 4pm I kick over to MeTV and start watching Hawaii 5.0 and what-not for the rest of the evening. I like the oldies. I need my oldies. They take me back to better times. The new stuff they put out now just makes me angry and makes me feel so totally out of place in this world. I feel like an alien from another planet because I don't march to the drumbeat that everyone else does.

Oh well. As long as I can get my oldies I'm a happy girl. :)

edit: I just found ~the very first~ minute of MTV broadcast video. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen, Dee Ann! I hate the networks crap. Only a couple of decent detective shows. My tv stay off more often now, nothing worth watching anymore. It seems the writers have ran out of ideals for shows and now bringing in immoral plots. No decency at all.

stupid=cheaper
writers+actors=expensive, requires creativity
noise=cheaper
music=requires instruments(not the guitars with buttons)

Why come you don't have a tattoo

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts