Biography channel

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mwaageba

Original poster
Jun 13, 2009
Canada
Does anyone know what happened to the biography channel on 101

It hasn't been there forquite a while but I am getting a fairly acceptable signal

Thank you

been gone for a while

Those 2 channels in the mux (History and now a black screen) are basically test channels so they come and go all the time

The channels is gone. It is a good idea to rescan this satellite once in a while. There is a possibility it may come back or some other channel may show up there as well

A&E was ITC for a very long time before BIO. It would be great if another channel becomes available.

True, but that was a different provider on a different satellite (and was C-Band). In fact, it was HD and in the same mux as History HD. I miss that one.

Cheers

Actually, through the years the open channels have rotated through many of the Hotel Network services.

For years the Fox News and Weather Channel feeds were in the clear for shorters periods National Geographic, a movie channel, and a few others. It has been a great free programming roulette wheel in the sky!

It is amazing that they continue to keep channels in the clear. Over the years they have fielded hundreds of calls from FTA viewers requesting ( or demanding) the return of channels when they would go dark. They received hundreds of calls when they encrypted Fox News. Some ill informed viewers actually thought that the channels were part of the channel package that they bought!

It is amazing that they continue to keep channels in the clear. Over the years they have fielded hundreds of calls from FTA viewers requesting ( or demanding) the return of channels when they would go dark. They received hundreds of calls when they encrypted Fox News. Some ill informed viewers actually thought that the channels were part of the channel package that they bought!

morons

I must of been sleeping, because I tried receiving BIO this weekend with no success. I then looked on Lyngsat and the entire MUX is gone.

Yeah all I watch on ku is Pbs on 125 and wild feeds. Most of what I watch is on C-band.

Sent from my rooted Kindle Fire using SatelliteGuys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Problems setting up dish and receiver FTA

what's up with 105w ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)