Bird dog question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

holeshot

Original poster
Jan 22, 2010
ohio
I am thinking about starting to install Direc tv.I was wondering what Bird dog I will need to start as far as what version,what satellites I need to lock on etc.I seen diferrent versions on ebay and I am not sure what I will need.

Birddog USB or USB PLus if youre gonna install SWM equipment.

need

101 SWM
119 SWM

on any installs you lock your primary.. and that is 101 and you need strength on 119 too.
and probably some more i havent listed.

i still currently use my birddog USB even though they gave me a USB PLUS. i find my USB model more accurate than the USB PLUS.

only time i use my PLUS is when the SWM lnb is on the SL dish and i can plug it into a splitter with the Power Inserter is plugged in bc it powers the LNB and to see what kind of signal bc without the power inserter plugged in, you get nothing.

when i install a SWM system, i use a SL3 to dither my dish, then change LNB to 3SWM LNB and then after the install is done, should be on the mark. if not, plug the USB Plus into the splitter and dither.

OR you can get Directv's new AIM meter. its supposely to have 99 and 103 which you would need to pick up if your area no longer rely on 72.5 for locals. 99 and 103 are HD satellites.

Satbuddy has 99 and 103 from what i hear from a DNS tech that plays darts with me here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts