Birdog 3.0 and Dish 1000.2

skybyrd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
has anyone been able to setup a dish 1000.2 installation using birdog 3.0, how was it done any info will be greatly appreciated

The birdog doesn't put out enough power to operate the lnb so you need to have the system completely installed with at least one receiver providing power to the dish through port 1. Hook the meter to port 2, set the meter to 110 dishpro, make sure the mast is plumb, skew and elevation are right, and when you get a found indication put your hand over the 110 lnb to make sure your using the the right lnb. (the farthest one to the right from behind the dish). If you don't get a found indication put the meter on 119 dishpro and use the same procedure with the center lnb.

My Birdog doesn't have a problem powering the lnb on the 1000.2. I connect it the same as a 500 and peak 119 then check 110 and 129. It will shut down on high power draw if the battery is low but with a well charged battery it works great.

Mine will too with a fully charged battery, MOST of the time. There are other times when I hook it up fully charged and it will only last about 20 seconds. You must have a good battery, If you keep pointing these dishes this way it probably won't be good for very long.

thank you guys.

but do i rreally need to select the dish pro 110 and dishpro 119 from the menu or simply 110-119-129 from the menu will be recognized.
thank you.

Use the dispro 110 and 119 and BR Dish net 129. The Birdog will lock the BR 110 and 119 but if you use the Dishpro it will make sure they're on the right LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)