Birdog not finding dtv 101

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jimmied

Original poster
Sep 25, 2005
South Dakota
I recently purchased a birdog 2.5 and cant seem to find the dtv 101 with it. I have downloaded the list from the web site and all it does is say searching, but the signal meter moves up and down as I search. I also have a 2.0 and it cant seem to find it either. I have hooked it between the dish and receiver and using the receiver have managed to tweek it to a good signal. I am a self taught dishnetwork installer in a small town and occasinally asked to realign a dtv, but it is mostly for the 72.5. Am I missing something along the way? Birdog said to reinstall the satellites to get a upgraded file but that doesnt work.

I recently purchased a birdog 2.5 and cant seem to find the dtv 101 with it. I have downloaded the list from the web site and all it does is say searching, but the signal meter moves up and down as I search. I also have a 2.0 and it cant seem to find it either. I have hooked it between the dish and receiver and using the receiver have managed to tweek it to a good signal. I am a self taught dishnetwork installer in a small town and occasinally asked to realign a dtv, but it is mostly for the 72.5. Am I missing something along the way? Birdog said to reinstall the satellites to get a upgraded file but that doesnt work.

Do you only have the line comming from the LNB hooked up to the input/sat in on the birdog?

Is the mast perfect plum (no offence)

Have you checked the AZ, EL numbers for ur area, and is the dish set to those settings?

Do you have clear LOS in the 210-240 Degrees Range? (if your on the East Side of the Country)

Is there any raddling in the LNB (pointing to a bad LNB)

Is the LNB an DirecTV LNB?

I have been doing dish for 8 years, so ,yes everything is correct, just cant lock onto 101 or 72.5 with the Birdog. The meter itself doesnt show found, like the previous post I said that I also used the receiver to find the satellite w/ the meter hooked in line. But I have tried everything I can think of except beating my head on the side of thier house. I do have the system running but I felt like a fool telling them it would be a 10 minute job then it lasted for almost 2 hours. Didnt charge them very much as it was my equipments fault.

I never tried to get them as I dont have them on the meter and all we use here is 101 and 72.5. I havent had to realign a newer dish yet. We have a small town and the closest tech for any system is 75 miles, so everyone calls me. I try to keep up on all the new stuff and read the forums every day to learn something new. I just want to say Thank You to everyone that talks on the forums, because YOU are my knowledge base

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts