Birdog USB plus satellite meter?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pokey31

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 10, 2005
Pickerington, OH
Does this work on the newer directv dishes? How much help would it be setting up 10 foot dishes and smaller ku band dishes?

I have the opportunity to get a very good deal on one, and was wondering if if would be worth somewhere around $200.

It's just a hobby for me, but people know that I am decent with satellites, so everytime someone has a problem they call me to help them.....i'm thinking I will use it more than once or twice. I'm leaning towards buying it, but am really concerned about what it will/won't do with the new directv dishes. If anyone has had any experience with these, your input is greatly appreciated.

I have a Birdog v3 and it's supposed to work with DTV's DSS signals. I've never tried it though.

On the Birdog site you can download satellite definition files for DTV satellites. Visit the site and look at the list of satellite definitions. If you find the satellites you want to find with the meter in that list you should be fine.

Horizon Satellite Meters

To be absolutely sure email their tech support. They'll get back to you with an answer.

I cant answer your question other then to say I had a birddog and loved it, its super portable and excellent for those quick aims. very handy.

also look into the trimax meters, they arent as cheap as youve got the deal on, but they are nice.

I think it is a useful meter. I have a v3 as well, so don't have some of those new features. Definitely the Birdog Plus is worth $200 to someone. :)

Thanks for the input! I decided to buy it for $200. I figured it was a good deal considering they are going for around $500 brand new. Now I don't have to worry about knocking my dishes out of alignment while mowing around them. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.