Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jkauf55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2009
Nashville, TN
Dumb Question...

Ive noticed that birds are using my dish for target practice with their (ill be nice) poop...

will this interfere with the signal, do i need to hose off or is it OK?

sorry im trying to be comical as well as serious!!!!

Whether it's a problem or not I think I would get the hose to it. I would rather not think about watching TV knowing that the signals are bouncing off a mound of bird poop before it gets to me.:yikes (not that some of the content in the signal itself is much better).

Its no issue as you list your address as Nashville. It will rain enough to wash it off. If you lived in NM or someplace like that, then you might want to hose it off now and then.

I'd be a little careful hosing down the dish. There's a big difference between even a heavy rain and a jet of water out of a hose. My concern would not be the dish or jarring it out of alignment but more the possibility you could force water into the LNB assembly. Unless I got a huge "poop pile" on the dish I'd leave it alone.

Its raining right now and its coming off. I was bored and ran a signal on my 101 getting a 96% but the unusual part is i had a 25-27 on my number 4. Normally its 0, it was at dusk so i don't know if this is normal or not....

I'd be a little careful hosing down the dish. There's a big difference between even a heavy rain and a jet of water out of a hose. My concern would not be the dish or jarring it out of alignment but more the possibility you could force water into the LNB assembly. Unless I got a huge "poop pile" on the dish I'd leave it alone.

Then their was the story of the missionary who tried to convince his flock of faithful that some of their native customs were just unhealthy. One of these was the practice of allowing the poop of a large bird called the Foo to stay where dropped. People showed up for church services with these piles on their heads as if nothing was out of the ordinary.

Finally the Foo droppings hit the priest. He gathered the congregation and all marched to the beach. While he was in the water washing the bird droppings from his hair..........the island began to shake and sank into the sea.

As they were swimming to another island the witch doctor shouted to all...wait for it....IF the Foo sheets, wear it! Told you"

Joe

Bird Poop is acidic, and over time will eat away the powdercoating away on you dish.

I would invest in a bird scare ballon---------->
scare.jpg

You can also use what some car dealers do, they use a fake owl. Just perch it near the dish :).

EDIT: Well maybe it doesn't work :D. I guess I should have googled it first.

Attachments

• 3216101781_f5f859080c.jpg
    3216101781_f5f859080c.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 114
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)