Birdview Number Three is mine!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
took down number 3

Went and took down number 3 today and brought it home. I decided to stop by the car wash and power wash off what I could to get it as clean as possible. Went through 3 cycles, and it still was leaving some stuff behind, so I quit.

It is now setting in it's crate on my front porch.

Finally got a motor with a 70:1 gear ratio, and the reed switch conversion kit is totally different than what they sell now. I forgot to get a picture of it, but it only has 8 magnets and mounts on the other end of the shaft. The camera is gone now until tomorrow afternoon. My 17 year old daughter took it to her prom. :(
Hi Fred,
Wow! Congratulations, Great Find! Seemed like it was only yesterday that you were getting one and bringing it home. What was that less then a month? Your new dish looks really great too. So what is that one, Number 3 as in solids Birdviews? I see your avatar is also a Birdview however its a mesh. How many Birdviews solids and mesh do you have now?

I really like the way that you trailer it home on the trailer too. Looks very secure in the trailer. How far did you have to go to get it? You say it's not luck. I say you are doing something right! Good Job!! Now maybe I can find another one that hasn't been beat to hell or hit by a tractor trailer.

I have to believe that one day you will say no more Birdview dishes for me, I'm loaded and can't get anymore on top of this roof. And you will see one or hear about one. Please be kind and remember all of us who are less fortunate. PLEASE.

Congratulations again on your new find,
Tom
:D

Wow! Congratulations, Great Find!
Thanks!
Seemed like it was only yesterday that you were getting one and bringing it home. What was that less then a month?
That was about 2 months ago, and that was Birdview number 2.
Your new dish looks really great too. So what is that one, Number 3 as in solids Birdviews?
This one is number 3 total.
I see your avatar is also a Birdview however its a mesh. How many Birdviews solids and mesh do you have now?
The Birdview in my avatar is a perforated Birdview. Much different than a mesh dish. I have a total of 3 Birdviews now.

There will come a day when I won't be able to take any more Birdviews, and when that day comes, it will be open season for all my friends here. :)

I have reached that day now with other brands and types of dishes. I just don't have room for any more, and am slowly replacing what I have up now.

Anyone in the St. Louis area that wants a big dish, let me know. I have 3 ten footers, and 4 7.5 footers and will be glad to share some of them. :)

They are already dis-assembled and ready to take away. :)

pictures of the cradle are in the classified area
i was planning on the same thing , using the cradle and just taking my truck

I am talking about swampman's dish, George. its 184 miles one way. I talked to Fred this morning about how he did his cradle, and after further review I am going to adopt his ideas, I was going to build the cradle here at home then go, but now I don't think there is a possible way to do that, it will HAVE to be built on site, as Fred did with his. So I will have to bring what I need with me, not really a problem. :D

Just waiting to hear back from swampman. :cool:

being the dish is round you should be able to fab up two sets of 2X4's spaced with a ft section of 2X4's at each end and slide over two sides ( these sides will rest on the truck bed ) ( you might have to use two spacers to achive the 1 ft overhang on each side). That way the majority of the dish is actually in the truck bed area with about 1 ft sticking over each side of the truck bed. you might also have to contend with having to raise the holding cradle up 2 to 6 inches off the bed depending on the dish curvature. my truck bed is 80" long X 72" wide ( 62" inside the box ) then you would use straps to secure it to the truck bed.

all my thinking said it would work for my truck so it should work for yours.

now the problem i realized is the dish might not fit the box of the truck and have side rails to rest on so you would have to fab something up to fit the tailgate area ( it will be down ) or make a reciever hitch ( if you have on ) support like you see the folks using to hold a 4 wheeler in the truck bed.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new Birdview Dish Linuxman - great pictures. I really look a lot at the top of roofs on older buildings and houses these days & I have yet to ever see one of those beautiful Dishes up here in Canada.

Congratulations on your new Birdview Dish Linuxman - great pictures. I really look a lot at the top of roofs on older buildings and houses these days & I have yet to ever see one of those beautiful Dishes up here in Canada.

I am sure he appreciates it, but this is an old thread I topped to look at his pics. :D

I was looking at building a cradle for a Birdview, and I wanted to see how Linuxman did his. :D

Attention Mission Control!

I have a Birdview on my roof in full operation (thanks to the reed sensor modification I reviewed on this site). I also have a 1 meter Winegard up there.

I have a good lnb for the Ku stuff and and a low end lnb for the C side. (BSC 621-2) Still with those two dishes, I get an awful lot of great tv. Right now at least, I'm not "Jonesin'" for more stations. All FTA equipment too. Not even 4dtv.

I just don't know what linuxman is going to do with all of those dishes. Maybe he needs one Birdview dish per satellite!

I suppose he could aim all of those dishes on the Vega star system and report to NASA when he picks up the blueprints for a wormhole transport device.

In any case, the dish farm that linuxman has has to be almost an obstacle course. People must drive by his house just to gawk at it in disbelief!

Or is he engaged in a diabolical plan to corner the market on Birdview dishes?!

Who knows. But I bet whatever the reason is for getting all of those Birdviews, linuxman can't tell you. It's obviously a matter of national security.

I have a Birdview on my roof in full operation (thanks to the reed sensor modification I reviewed on this site). I also have a 1 meter Winegard up there.

I have a good lnb for the Ku stuff and and a low end lnb for the C side. (BSC 621-2) Still with those two dishes, I get an awful lot of great tv. Right now at least, I'm not "Jonesin'" for more stations. All FTA equipment too. Not even 4dtv.

I just don't know what linuxman is going to do with all of those dishes. Maybe he needs one Birdview dish per satellite!

I suppose he could aim all of those dishes on the Vega star system and report to NASA when he picks up the blueprints for a wormhole transport device.

In any case, the dish farm that linuxman has has to be almost an obstacle course. People must drive by his house just to gawk at it in disbelief!

Or is he engaged in a diabolical plan to corner the market on Birdview dishes?!

Who knows. But I bet whatever the reason is for getting all of those Birdviews, linuxman can't tell you. It's obviously a matter of national security.

HeHe!!!

I didn't get another Birdview. This thread is from April last Spring.

Stogie just needed to find my pictures of the crate I built.

As a matter of fact, I am selling that dish as soon as the new owner get here to pick it up so I will only have two after that. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)