Birmingham, Al. CBS 42 hd problems

Tigerfan33, Thanks for creating this thread.

I live in Tuscaloosa and encountered significant pixelation with the E* feed for CBS 042 HD during the Kentucky-Alabama game today. However, OTA reception using a high-gain attic yagi, was good with my 722 (about 75% strength) and better on with my Sony's tuner (essentially no pixelation). BTW, OTA HD channels 006, 021, 033, and 068 are also quite good, but reception is terrible to non-existent with PSB HD 010.

My expereince was just the opposite. I am getting 81-85% on my ota and yesterday and it SUCKED. But my dish feed was not perfect but better than the OTA yesterday atleast.
Well the whole game sucked but the picture didnt make the day any better.

I heard back from the general manger and chief engineer of CBS 42. they both are aware of the problem and are certain it is on Dish's end. The engineer has contacted Dish and requested, what the problem is, how to solve it and the timeline for the fix. He has yet to hear back from Dish.

They have said to be sure to email Dish.
dishquality@echostar.com

I finally noticed this problem on D* this sat. during the Alabama/Ole Miss game. However I noticed it on OTA channel 5 out of mobile too. Seemed like a CBS issue from my end

I finally noticed this problem on D* this sat. during the Alabama/Ole Miss game. However I noticed it on OTA channel 5 out of mobile too. Seemed like a CBS issue from my end

Watching "The Mentalist" on both Direct and Dish and there is definitely a problem with the Dish feed of CBS 42 in Birmingham. It is almost unwatchable on Dish. Direct is crystal clear.

I can now not watch anything I am recording on CBS 42. It started last night with two and a half men and then tonight with ncis and then the mentalist. The 722 DVR says the show is there and has the time correct but when I hit start it just goes straight to the end and does not play. I then rebooted the 722 and tried to record without a trace. I recorded about a minute while watching it and there were no picture issues while watching but when I stoped and tried to play the file it would not play. It is definitely CBS 42 because it does this on my 622 also and does this whether I use over the air or threw dish.

Watching "The Mentalist" on both Direct and Dish and there is definitely a problem with the Dish feed of CBS 42 in Birmingham. It is almost unwatchable on Dish. Direct is crystal clear.
Yeah, the game is the only time I noticed anything, and like i said I noticed it OTA from another market also. Seems to have been a program specific problem (wasnt huge, I just noticed some stuff I dont normally see). Normally it looks great from D*

I can now not watch anything I am recording on CBS 42. It started last night with two and a half men and then tonight with ncis and then the mentalist. The 722 DVR says the show is there and has the time correct but when I hit start it just goes straight to the end and does not play. I then rebooted the 722 and tried to record without a trace. I recorded about a minute while watching it and there were no picture issues while watching but when I stoped and tried to play the file it would not play. It is definitely CBS 42 because it does this on my 622 also and does this whether I use over the air or threw dish.

Same here. I recorded "Worst Week" Monday night and got nothing.

I just tried to "skip back" and it would not even let me do that.

Same thing happened to me Monday night when I recorded CSI on my 622. I tried a front button reboot which didn't help. It was doing the same thing last night. I tried a power cord pull reboot which did fix the problem.

I am having same problems. I am new to this satellite stuff. What can we do? I have sent emails to WIAT and to DISH. I guess they are blaming each other. I have setup my CBS recordings to SD now till it is fixed.

More than likely it is on Dish's end. It was last time and I suspect the same here. When you email Dish, they may or may not get in touch with you. Dish seems to be having problems with a portion of 119 of which CBS42 hd is on. It does not explain that the other local hd in Birmingham are problem free.

More than likely it is on Dish's end. It was last time and I suspect the same here. When you email Dish, they may or may not get in touch with you. Dish seems to be having problems with a portion of 119 of which CBS42 hd is on. It does not explain that the other local hd in Birmingham are problem free.

Cant Dish give us another CBS affiliate? The old days you had east and west.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts