Birmingham, Al. CBS 42 hd problems

same here. the recording has not been a problem for me. Pixilation is terrible. I hope it is fixed before college football this weekend.

This JUST IN :

Dear Mr. .......

Thank you for expressing your concerns and interest in DISH Network. Customer input is an important tool in our efforts to continuously improve the quality of the DISH Network service.

Thank you for the email! Upon receiving it our engineers believe they fixed the record problem. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you very much for the heads up.

We appreciate the time DISH Network customers take to email their audio/video quality concerns Thank you for your patience and for being a valued customer.

EchoStar Broadcasting Corporation
Quality Assurance Department
dishquality@echostar.com

BUT last night the signal was STILL bad, lots of pixelization.

We recently made some adjustments to WIAT/CBS in Birmingham and believe it is now resolved. We have not seen any problems in the last few days. However if you would monitor this for us over the next few days and verify that the problems are gone we would appreciate it. If you still see the problem could you verify which satellite location you are viewing the channel from…61.5 or 119. That would be of value. You can check the orbital location quickly just by hitting the info button on your remote twice.

dishquality@echostar.com

This is the one I just got. I just sent back that bad pixelation is still there. I am viewing on 119. Is anyone out there that is having this problem watching 61.5??? I do think that most people are viewing on 119.

We recently made some adjustments to WIAT/CBS in Birmingham and believe it is now resolved. We have not seen any problems in the last few days. However if you would monitor this for us over the next few days and verify that the problems are gone we would appreciate it. If you still see the problem could you verify which satellite location you are viewing the channel from…61.5 or 119. That would be of value. You can check the orbital location quickly just by hitting the info button on your remote twice.

dishquality@echostar.com

This is the one I just got. I just sent back that bad pixelation is still there. I am viewing on 119. Is anyone out there that is having this problem watching 61.5??? I do think that most people are viewing on 119.

119 here and pixilation is terrible still as of late Fri. night

Cannot watch the LSU and Georgia game today on Dish. The worst pixelation so far. I had to watch it on my Direct. We are just going to have to stay on them until it is fixed.

Tiger, seems you have an "in" with them. Keep the emails going. Let them know you also have D* and that its fine, so it IS their problem. Maybe they can contact the engineers for D* and get some help. I know its just terrible!! And the worst thing is that according to WIAT website, they were the first in the area to go digital!!!

I got home and turned to "The Big Bang Theory" and noticed things were much better. While not 100%, it is back to where it was about 10 days ago. Which is about 80 to 85% fixed. Then I looked at my email and got this. I am watching Direct right now (ESPN MPEG4). I will check in on "CSI: Miami" and see how things are and shoot them a email in the morning to tell them they are going in the right direction but not yet 100%.

Thank you for you information. This is on what we call the Hit List, which means we meet daily with the engineers trying to resolve. Tonight they will be making more adjustments. They are curious of your opinion tonight. If you can observe tonight and let us know tomorrow if the issue is better, worse, or didn't make a difference that would be great. When you see the issue happening if you could check your orbital slot that would be great. (One way to find this information is hit the info button twice. It should say in the upper left corner of the white info screen. If not then Select Menu>6>1>1, Point Dish, from the receiver menu. To go back out of that screen select cancel all the way through.)

Thank you,

I got the same last night also, but I wasn't watching any CBS. I watched the news and there still was some pixilation, but like you say, not nearly as bad. The news in not in HD. I will watch NCIS tonight, that will tell. Its been so bad I've had to change to SD.

I got this from WIAT

Patrick-
According to Dish, the problems have been fixed. If this isn't true,
please let me know.

Thanks for the note.

Bill

Bill Ballard
President/General Manager
WIAT Birmingham
205-322-4200 ext. 130
wballard@wiat.com

Last edited:
I watched just a few minutes of CBS last night and everything looked good to me. Do others agree?

Yep. I agree. I watched a few programs and everything was fine. Hopefully things will stay that way.

I still saw some pixilation last night during Criminal Minds. I don't think it is back to how it used to be yet.

It is not 100% fixed. It is a lot better than what it was the past 10 days. Hopefully they will keep working on it to get it back to 100%.

I watch CSI NY and saw very little, compared to the past 2 weeks. We need to send daily updates to DISH and CBS to make sure they do keep working on it.

It seems the PIXs happen while the screen has fast movements. Cant keep up sorta thing.

I just got this from Dish. I think the problem is about 85% fixed. They are still working on it.

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately we do not think this is going to be a fast fix but we are still working this issue for the 119 orbital slot. If this problem does get worse please feel free to email us again.

Thank you,

dishquality@echostar.com

I received the same one. Last night I watched CSI Miami (DVR) and it seems to be reverting back. Also I watched an NBC show that started to show signs of pixilation. Or is it my eyes? Am I seeing this all the time now :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)