BITV ch 203 freezing periodically

fibonacci011235

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 11, 2010
Jacksonville, FL
Have 2 722k's affects both. Only channel I watch that does this. Will freeze for a few seconds intermittently. Second day in a row. Check switch tests OK. Anyone else have this issue?

I believe they are. But this started before the storm hit. Receiving it from the 72 degree sat. Would like to know if someone else who gets it from the 72 has the issue. Usually freezes for a few seconds 2 or 3 times in a 5 minute period. Appreciate any responses. Thanks.

This happened yesterday on mtv on 72. The screen went black though, not frozen. Not as often either, happened to me once during inbetweeners, a few times during daytime.

We are also having the freezing problem but on DYI (111 & 9527). It effects both audio and video and happens at least every five minutes and lasts for five or ten seconds. Both are on satellite 72 and have a signal strength of 59.

Last edited:
Turned on BITV ch203 at 3am. OK until 3:19am Eastern time, froze until 3:25am. Checked 111 using other tuner. Also froze. Both cleared at the same time. Other channels OK, the ones I checked anyway. Both are on 72 transponder 20. DVR had finished its nightly update at 2:30am. Software L755. Don't think its the DVR though. Now its 3:48am and hasn't froze since clearing at 3:25am. Have other things to attend to. Maybe it's fixed. Hope so.

Me also this weekend. Both DIY and Discovery Science (both are on Sat 72) are doing it. Check switch didn't seem to help; was beginning to think that Sandy moved the dish a bit, but seemed strange for the middle satellite only to be having problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)