Bizarre Strategy for a Dead/Dying Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mangombia

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Got this email today, which is just strange for a company that disposed of its sole means of fulfilling its service obligations.

Attachments

• offer_email.jpg
    offer_email.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 398
I got it too.

Mr. Dolan needs to stop reading his love letters from Satguys long enough to distribute some sort of press release explaining what is or isn't going on!

I got the same email today and wondered what the heck?

I almost had my dad signed up for an install till all this stuff started happening in the news about voom, so now he has decided to wait a bit...

Gotta run, I am back to watching groundhog day on 9 channels for the next 24 hours...

Hey with Groundhog day running on all 10 channels...it is like having Movie on demand. Except you only have one choice. Still funny.

mangombia said:
Got this email today, which is just strange for a company that disposed of its sole means of fulfilling its service obligations.

Really??? when did AMC6 fall out of the sky?

For all we know, Voom will mirror transmission on AMC6, and start tuning everyone over to the new sat, then finally turn the keys over to E*. I'm just waiting for something good like that to happen.

I have an idea on how we could make it work, since James Dolan aka Rock Boy, is the one who brilliantly sold off Rainbow 1 I say we distract him long enough so that his father can take control again:

Attachments

• kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 252
vurbano said:
Really??? when did AMC6 fall out of the sky?
Maybe what I posted here is happening:
1) The Dolans buy the remaining of VOOM. Without the satellite it shouldn't be that expensive.

2) Lets's assume a period of 3-6 months of pending FCC approval during which VOOM can continue using Rainbow-1. Without stopping the broadcast on Rainbow-1, VOOM starts broadcasting all channels on Rainbow-2 (AMC-6) and using MPGE-4 (that will even allow extra capacity for new channels).

3) After Rainbow-2 is up, VOOM starts migrating customers. A single trip from the installer will re-position the dish, change the LNB and install the MPEG-4 module into the STB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)