BJ's Mastercard now is Apple Pay compliant

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
Just got word that long awaited BJ's Mastercard now offer's Apple Pay.

Need to load it on my iphone and Apple watch.

Now, all my credit cards are Apple Pay compliant. :)

And my new Visa from NFCU states no points or rewards are earned when I use Apple Pay.

Policies like that can kill Apple Pay.

I haven't observed that limitation with any of my cards. I have a VISA, MC and AMEX, but the AMEX has no cash back feature. All of them work great with my Apple watch.

I have been using mine there for about 4 months now if not longer. :)

More like 2 months.
Apple Pay was officially authorized by Comety Bank ( the BJ's M/C store provider), on Dec 15th. While you can now load the card onto your phone and have it show up on your Apple Watch, not all BJ's stores have the NFC terminals in place. I can use my BJ's Apple Pay at Walgreens but not at BJ's yet. Go figure! Apple Pay has been a slow process, but it's growing.

My BJ's card wouldn't even scan in until this year but we were told it was rolling out in select locations in Florida after the first of the year. I guess your location got it much sooner. We still don't have the NFC terminals at BJ's, but at least the card can be used as an Apple watch in other locations with the right terminal.

We just left BJs a few minutes ago and I asked the manager and was told they were a test location and started accepting Apple Pay on August 15th.

We just left BJs a few minutes ago and I asked the manager and was told they were a test location and started accepting Apple Pay on August 15th.

Interesting. Last summer after getting my Apple watch, I had several email exchanges with Comenty Bank on becoming Apple Pay ready and at first the response was negative, but after a few more exchanges, they told me they agreed it was being seriously considered. The final response, they said they would notify me when they were ready for Florida roll out. I hadn't heard about it until recently. We still don't have the terminals yet in the stores, but the card is now accepted in the iphone wallet scan and works at other stores.

The bank also told me using Apple Pay would have no affect on the cash back program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts