Black Bars at bottom of picture

Thank you I am finding a much smaller bar on several of the SD programs as well Something is wrong

If you are connected by DVI you might see bars on SD channels. If this is the case, switch to Component. It is a problem VOOM has admitted and in their own monitoring center they use component and not DVI. As I said it shows up only on SD channels and not HD unless as others mentioned it is an OAR situation which does happen.

If it happens on OTA channels too, then it's not VOOM's encoder.

I am not using DVI This is taking place on HD and Sd on all 3 of my TVs

I've tried rebooting and changing the output resolution - no help. I guess this is how it's being transmitted. For whatever reason...

The smaller bar at the bottom on the SD channels is normal. For example CNN. That's the way it looks. Now if you want your SD channels to completely fill the screen, you need to change your resolution to "native". This wil only work if your TV can handle native resolution. The SD channels will completely fill your screen in native resolution.

I've seen what he is talking about. On some Voom HD channels there is a small black bar at the bottom of the screen and it is not anything related to OAR. He probably has a TV with 3% or less overscan. Most people will not even see that it's there, as it is around the 4% overscan area. My PBS has this sometimes as well. Could be it's a 1.85:1 AR or something, but it's weird that it only cuts the bottom and not part of the top as well.

DarrellP said:
I've seen what he is talking about. On some Voom HD channels there is a small black bar at the bottom of the screen and it is not anything related to OAR.
Actually, this one is much more than 5%! My TV set has exactly 5% overscan (I measured with DVE calibration tables) and I could see it very well! It's like the entire picture is shifted up. I would say, at least 7%.

New Problem

While watching a show I get a complete Black screen then it comes back to the picture and everything is fine for a while

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts