Black picture

cbras9

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2004
This morning I turned my set on all I saw was the preview window I couldn't change channels nor receive sound The picture from time to time goes completely black then returns Voom is changing out the box today (3rd box)and hopefully the dish, due to some other problems.The CSR said if this visit doesn't correct my problems Voom may help me with the early disconnect fee. I have only been activated 2 weeks, I don't want to damage my set with the black bar at the bottom of the screen and white pixels on the screen etc. As much as I like Voom I may have to get rid of it. There are just too many issues that I keep having. Forgive me for venting and I want to thank everyone here for the help they tried to give me I had recommended Voom to several of my neighbors but I feel that Voom just needs to iron out the problems their boxes have

That's a lockup. All you need to do is reboot: press and hold the power button on the STB itself for 6 seconds. That should do it.

Untill the new update comes out. Unplug your phone line. That should take care of the lockups. If all goes well the new update should be out within a week I would think.:)

Unplugging phone line here hasn't helped. We've had at least as many if not more than before unpluggin a week ago last Sat.

Watching HDTV under mostly clear and cold (for us) Seattle skies, Gill

I have one box plugged into the phone line and it has very few issues, I've reset it twice since the new software downloaded, but the other box that is not hooked up to the phone line is giving me fits & needs a reset about every 4-5 days.

cbras9 said:
This morning I turned my set on all I saw was the preview window I couldn't change channels nor receive sound The picture from time to time goes completely black then returns Voom is changing out the box today (3rd box)and hopefully the dish, due to some other problems.The CSR said if this visit doesn't correct my problems Voom may help me with the early disconnect fee. I have only been activated 2 weeks, I don't want to damage my set with the black bar at the bottom of the screen and white pixels on the screen etc. As much as I like Voom I may have to get rid of it. There are just too many issues that I keep having. Forgive me for venting and I want to thank everyone here for the help they tried to give me I had recommended Voom to several of my neighbors but I feel that Voom just needs to iron out the problems their boxes have

i am in the same boat 2 weeks as a customer multiple problems am still waiting for my 3rd rescheduled service call to swap the box which hopefully is the problem ,its a shame cuz i like the hd picture just not the reliabillity so far let me know how the early termination goes i think its rediculious they think there going to charge a penalty for the stuff not working

i am in the same boat waiting for my box to be repalced 2 cancels already let me know how the early cancel goes i will not pay a penalty for the bs service problems

6 Boxes

Well The installer came the new box did not recoginize local channels at all Voom is sending my 6th box

cbras9 said:
Well The installer came the new box did not recoginize local channels at all Voom is sending my 6th box

Did the installer hit the scan local channels?

cbras9 said:
I think this proves that the problem is not the box. Something must be wrong either with your installation, or with the installer... ;)

cbras9 said:
WOW thought i had bad voom luck , i cant even see Voom but all you do is get teased byt the thought you might actually see something. GOOD LUCK

cbras9 said:

You are a real trooper. I hope you get a big dose of credit from VOOM if you hang in there.
I probably would have started having second thoughts about VOOM after stb number 3 was replaced.

I do get black screen but it doesn't cover the whole tv screen but only most of bottom half. It looks like black rectangular screen but I can still see the channel whatever tv screen that this black screen doesn't cover. I hope they fix this problem soon because it is totally unviewable as it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)