Black out Lakers game.

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
With an ongoing clusterf**k of the Time Warner Sports Network (which has the rights to broadcast Lakers game) and Dish, I was under impression that I will be able to watch nationally broadcaster games on ABC, ESPN, TNT and NBA TV. Yesterday game was broadcasted on NBA TV and Time Warner SN. Since Dish does not have the TWSN, I thought I would be able to see the game on NBA TV, however, it was blocked in my area.

Why was it block if I do not have TWSN?

I am looking into this for you. Everything I am reading on our side show the game should have played on NBA TV last night, but yes it was blacked out.

If you are in the LA Lakers territory, Time Warner Sportsnet has rights for broadcasting in that area. If you are outside of the LA area, you would be able to view the nationally aired games.

Jason,

Could you give me any info on CSN for Houston Rockets/Astros ?
Hopefully they are close to making a deal ?

I've heard DTV and Comcast are close,would hate to jump ship,but I'm sick of watching games on crappy streams

Jason,

Could you give me any info on CSN for Houston Rockets/Astros ?
Hopefully they are close to making a deal ?

I've heard DTV and Comcast are close,would hate to jump ship,but I'm sick of watching games on crappy streams

The only information that has been released with CSN Houston is that we are in discussion with them as well. usually during negotiations we won't get any information on the progress of it until its been completed.

Now Direct TV agreed to carry both Laker's channels, Dish is the only holdout. They are going to loose big in southern California if they don't take any action soon.
As now people can move on to Direct TV if Dish kept playing games.We (Southern California subscribers) does need Laker games

If the game on NBA tv is blacked out in your area. You might get lucky and be able to watch the finish if it last longer then 2.5 hours, as that's when the blackout ends.

Otherwise you need to get TWSN, which isn't available on Dish.

Hello Dirt Team, Any update on these negotiations? Dish is the only carrier left without TWC Sportsnet and it is getting pretty frustrating. Thank you.

Hi juanabove, negotiations are considered confidential and details are not released until an agreement has been made. We are not able to speculate as to if or when the Time Warner SportsNet will be added to the DISH channel lineup. If we receive any updated information we will let you know. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)