Black Sails on Starz

Looks interesting, but probably not enough to subscribe to Starz to see, maybe purchase series later if it seems to do well.

Starz has been hyping this show for over a year now in teaser commercials. I hope its good but given that its a Saturday timeslot and the fact that Starz hasn't set any bar in programming in quite some time makes me dubious .:bored:

Looks interesting, but probably not enough to subscribe to Starz to see, maybe purchase series later if it seems to do well.

I feel the same way. I want to watch this show but not bad enough to pay for a few months of Starz for it. If they do a marathon leading up the season finale I'll subscribe for one month so I can get them all on the DVR.

Looks interesting but with it being advertised so much and not coming sooner I have feeling it may be a failure but I probably am wrong!! ;) :)

Cinemax shows a Banshee hashtag over the entire episodes, and Starz pops up a graphic for this during a movie promoting this. I guess all that's left now is pay per view, as far as TV channels go.

Well, I couldn't help myself. Something about this show is just intriguing to me. I just got off Dish chat where they offered me $5 off Starz for 6 months and I took the bait. This also gives me access to Starz and Encore on demand which both have a pretty good catalog compared to most of Dish's on demand offerings. I will likely cancel right after the season finale of Black Sails instead of riding out the full promotion.

Do they have bb@home $5 off?That gives you access to all the Starz and Encore on demand programs.I used it last year to watch Spartacus.

I watched the premiere on channel 102,it was pretty good but,they butchered it with all the censorship.

Do they have bb@home $5 off?That gives you access to all the Starz and Encore on demand programs.I used it last year to watch Spartacus.

I watched the premiere on channel 102,it was pretty good but,they butchered it with all the censorship.

I will check because that would certainly be a better deal. How long does Starz typically take to put episodes on demand after they air? Some channels, like HBO, put new episodes up as soon as the first airing finishes while other channels might take over a week. Either way would probably be worth it. If I can get them on demand the next day I would definitely cancel Starz and switch to BB@home if they have a promotion on that too.

Edit: I just did another Dish chat and got them to switch out the Starz promotion for BB@home for $5 per month for 6 months. Of course, I had to pay the $5 fee for canceling a package within 30 days of adding it but it was worth it. Now I will be able to get everything from Starz and Encore on demand plus get the EPIX channels for about half of what I would have been paying for Starz alone. Thanks for the tip Teehar

Last edited:

Starz's site has it uncensored or you can wait nail Saturday. I loved the first episode, esp the Blackbeard part.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will check because that would certainly be a better deal. How long does Starz typically take to put episodes on demand after they air? Some channels, like HBO, put new episodes up as soon as the first airing finishes while other channels might take over a week. Either way would probably be worth it. If I can get them on demand the next day I would definitely cancel Starz and switch to BB@home if they have a promotion on that too.

Edit: I just did another Dish chat and got them to switch out the Starz promotion for BB@home for $5 per month for 6 months. Of course, I had to pay the $5 fee for canceling a package within 30 days of adding it but it was worth it. Now I will be able to get everything from Starz and Encore on demand plus get the EPIX channels for about half of what I would have been paying for Starz alone. Thanks for the tip Teehar

Spartacus aired on Friday nights,was available on demand following day.

I just watched the first episode on demand thanks to $5 BB@home. I thought it was pretty good. I'm also playing Assassin's Creed Black Flag right now and they compliment each other pretty well. Much of the game even takes place in Nassau. It seems like there was a perfect opportunity for co-marketing between those two but I haven't seen anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm half way through the first episode and other than the gratuitous nudity I'm lukewarm. I was going to quote whitewolf's post and say "different strokes ..." but didn't want it to get misinterpreted.

I'm half way through the first episode and other than the gratuitous nudity I'm lukewarm. I was going to quote whitewolf's post and say "different strokes ..." but didn't want it to get misinterpreted.

I enjoyed it but wasn't overwhelmed with it but I am going to give it a few more episode then decide keep or drop I am in the middle right now!! :)

Yeah, I wouldn't say it was great by any means. I thought it was pretty good. It was definitely entertaining enough for me to keep watching to see where this goes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts