Black Sails on Starz

I think my biggest problem is that I don't find any of the characters particularly easy to like or root for. I'll give it a couple of more episodes, but, after Da Vinci's Demons, I was hoping for more from Starz

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think my biggest problem is that I don't find any of the characters particularly easy to like or root for. I'll give it a couple of more episodes, but, after Da Vinci's Demons, I was hoping for more from Starz

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Gates, who plays Captain Flint's 1st mate/confident definitely carries the show in my mind. Flint is the least interesting. Long John Silver also adds to the cast. Another Starz fizzle.... maybe . I'll too watch a few more to make up my mind. Not much on Saturday anyway.

The scenery,the old battleships,and great fight scenes are enough to keep me interested for a spell.

I'm half way through the first episode and other than the gratuitous nudity I'm lukewarm. I was going to quote whitewolf's post and say "different strokes ..." but didn't want it to get misinterpreted.

Pay channels have to differentiate their programming with lots of gratuitous nudity, especially if that is the only thing the series has going for it.

I think every series I have watched on any of the premiums has at least some nudity and adult language. I think they did it at the beginning just because they can and as a way to do something the other channels can't do. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing naked women but I really don't think it adds anything to a lot of these shows. For example, the nudity in this first episode of Black Sails had nothing to do with anything else that happened in the episode.

Situations like that always just seem like a not so discrete network mandate whenever I see it. Every time I see it on any of these premium shows I just think, ok they hit their Starz required boob quota for this episode. I think some shows handle it better (in less ridiculous ways) than others but they all seem to be forced to include nudity.

Yeah it is more along the lines of we are not a real show on a premium network unless we show so many boobs per season.

Yeah it is more along the lines of we are not a real show on a premium network unless we show so many boobs per season.

Boobs would definitely be mandatory on a network I was in charge of.Minimum of 100 boobs per year.:D

Providence Island is about to meet one of history’s most notorious pirates.

Ray Stevenson joins Starz’s “Black Sails” as Blackbeard for Season 3, the premium network told TheWrap.

Known as Edward Teach, Blackbeard returns to the island to settle some unfinished business. A great deal has changed during his absence, though, and he will have to disrupt cemented alliances and challenge new ones to achieve the impossible.

thewrapcom

Starz Renews 'Black Sails'

Black Sails
will resume production in South Africa in the fall ahead of its 10-episode third season debut in 2016. The pickup continues Starz's history of renewing the pirate drama starringToby Stephens well ahead of its debut. With the additional order,Black Sails will remain on the network through at least 2017.

hollywoodreporter.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)