Black Screen on some channels VIP622

giddy169

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 5, 2007
I got home today and my VIP622 has a black screen on basically all channels except for the HD channels. Does this mean my receiver is broken? I have reset the receiver and I still get the same. Dish was no help I figured they were screwing with something and it screwed up my receiver but my other 622 and 811 still work fine. Anyone else have this problem?

After looking at it I seem to get all my MPEG4 channels but none of the MPEG2 SD or HD channels,

I also unplugged it, and checked my signal on all of the Satellites and they looked good and locked. Looked at my other receivers and the channels still come in. Should I shut it off over the night and see what happens tomorrow?

probably because it has a few days of guide now. Is there a way to fix it? I also get channels 500 and 101.

just press guide and pres skip forward 5-6 times and if it has out of date guide it will down load it

I will do the check switch now. menu 6-1-3 said everything is good. I also got audio on the MPEG2 HD channels just not any video and on the subbed SD channels I don't get audio or video,

it's really strange. do you feel comfortable swapping your 622 around? to see if the problem transfers

Yes I can swap it to another tv and line from the satellite if you think that could be causing something. Could it be on Dishnetworks end on changing my programing? After downloading the guide I still get the same problem no SD channels and no MPEG2 HD.

did you do any programing changes just recently? if not then dish wont just mess with your account (at lest shouldn't) at this point it points to receiver is going nuts

No I haven't done anything really recently. Should I call them and try and get them to send me a new receiver?

Last edited:
I have a new receiver coming they went through all kinds of stuff which I had already done thanks to your help and nothing worked. Oh well thanks for trying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts