622 hard drive temperature

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My 622's average hard drive temperature is 122 degrees. Is that a reasonable temperature? It has been losing the picture lately and after a few minutes it reboots itself. It is one of the original vip622's. "John"

My 622's average hard drive temperature is 122 degrees. Is that a reasonable temperature? It has been losing the picture lately and after a few minutes it reboots itself. It is one of the original vip622's. "John"
I don't remember what the consensus on temperatures was, but there was another thread that asked about average temperatures. Here is the link to that thread. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-thread-your-s-hot.html?highlight=temperature

Also, if you are getting reboots, that thread also mentioned that temp was probably the culprit. We have a 722. Took the door off the cabinet so it is pretty open and haven't had issues with overheating and reboots.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

I don't remember any consensus either but 122' doesn't sound terrible. What's the highest it's seen ?

You have to question the accuracy of these numbers. Mine read:

High: 120
Low: 98
Average: 91

Now, tell me how the average is lower than the lowest recorded temp ?

If your rcvr is rebooting normally it does have to deal with hard drive failure , overheating etc... just pm me your rcvr caid and i can pull up you rcvr health report and tell you if the rcvr needs replaced IM a TSRIII at dish easy to handle icould pull the report if its bad give you my extension call in verify your address and disclosure and ship ya a new one !

To Geoff: That is an extensive discussion. ....Thanks

To Hall: The high temperature was 135. I don't remember what the low was.

"John"

Where is the receiver located ? In a cabinet or on a shelf ? As a test, can you put a small fan blowing on the right-hand side for a few days ? The temp won't go down (for a while) but see if the reboots stop.

One of my 722s was running hot. It had an average of 129 and rebooting issues. Installed a laptop cooler and the average is now down to 116 and no more reboots.

My 722 reports:
High 123
Low 104
Average 77

Must have been programmed by the accountants putting together the figures for AT&T.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)