622 hard drive temperature

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jahost

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 2, 2006
Des Moines, IA
My 622's average hard drive temperature is 122 degrees. Is that a reasonable temperature? It has been losing the picture lately and after a few minutes it reboots itself. It is one of the original vip622's. "John"

My 622's average hard drive temperature is 122 degrees. Is that a reasonable temperature? It has been losing the picture lately and after a few minutes it reboots itself. It is one of the original vip622's. "John"
I don't remember what the consensus on temperatures was, but there was another thread that asked about average temperatures. Here is the link to that thread. http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-thread-your-s-hot.html?highlight=temperature

Also, if you are getting reboots, that thread also mentioned that temp was probably the culprit. We have a 722. Took the door off the cabinet so it is pretty open and haven't had issues with overheating and reboots.

Hope that helps,
Geoff

I don't remember any consensus either but 122' doesn't sound terrible. What's the highest it's seen ?

You have to question the accuracy of these numbers. Mine read:

High: 120
Low: 98
Average: 91

Now, tell me how the average is lower than the lowest recorded temp ?

If your rcvr is rebooting normally it does have to deal with hard drive failure , overheating etc... just pm me your rcvr caid and i can pull up you rcvr health report and tell you if the rcvr needs replaced IM a TSRIII at dish easy to handle icould pull the report if its bad give you my extension call in verify your address and disclosure and ship ya a new one !

To Geoff: That is an extensive discussion. ....Thanks

To Hall: The high temperature was 135. I don't remember what the low was.

"John"

Where is the receiver located ? In a cabinet or on a shelf ? As a test, can you put a small fan blowing on the right-hand side for a few days ? The temp won't go down (for a while) but see if the reboots stop.

One of my 722s was running hot. It had an average of 129 and rebooting issues. Installed a laptop cooler and the average is now down to 116 and no more reboots.

My 722 reports:
High 123
Low 104
Average 77

Must have been programmed by the accountants putting together the figures for AT&T.