Blackbelt TV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

grusome

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I had to manually add Amazonas to my Pansat 2700a and using USALS I was able to get in the general area and then bump it over to Amazonas. I did a blind scan and found something like 150+ channels ( most scrambled) but, no Blackbelt TV!!
I double checked LyngSat and I am sure I'm on the right sat as I have all the Spanish channels including Cuba Vision. And I can scan the transponder that Blackbelt TV is supposed to be on, but, I get nothing at all on that transponder.
Has it gone off the air or been moved??
grusome

I am on Amazonas, but, it's not Cuba Vision I'm getting(my mistake). It is CDF along with a bunch of encrypted Spanish channels. In the guide, it shows HBO Plus Oeste. Along with a bunch of SKY channels. (funny thing is, those are listed on Lyngsat as being on Pas 9 ! I don't see how I can be getting both. They are 3 degrees apart and I'm getting decent signal strength and quality.
Odd, maybe, I am getting both.
grusome

I scanned Amazonas yesteday afternoon and got not a twitch of a signal. I think they either redirected their single North American transponder, or it's battery fell out of the holder.

:)

I recall reading somewhere that the HDTV corp that broadcasted Blackbelt had some legal issues....

I was wondering what all that anti american propaganda video was all about on it's other station. Now we know!

Looks like we found out who's Tivo we've been watching ;).

I too scanned Amazonas last night and came up with 2 times where the Coolsat locked onto something..... but not a channel to be found.

bet this is why one of the network muxes was on this bird several months back but moved elsewhere...

That's how he payed the transponder fees.
Extremist anti western and Israel money. Most likely Iranian backing.
Hope his "customers" in the US will get a knock on the door from the FBI
Al-Manar TV is banned in the US and France.
Ranks right up there with teachings of the Nazi party.
Interesting read about the satellite distribution of extremist garbage.

http://www.intelligence.org.il/eng/sib/10_04/fyop.htm

its on the same transponder as the station they took down (the TP was being run by that guy and he added those other channels to kinda take away from his real reason).

so the FBI took down the whole TP

Javed Iqbal, 42, was arrested Wednesday because his Brooklyn-based company HDTV Ltd. was providing New York-area customers with the Hezbollah-operated channel, federal prosecutors said in a statement Thursday.

HDTV Ltd is who had the transponder (which was the guy's company)

Last edited:
yep...

As mentioned, you'd think free speech would get him off, but I highly doubt it will... You know that whole Bush administration deal, you are a terrorists - you have no rights, go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect 200.00, do not pay your lawyer 200 or 2000.00 dollars either because you have no rights because you are a terrorist because we say so. Boogey boogey boogey... and then they stick their tounges out at you and put you in jail, raping you the rest of your life until some newbie on the forces happens to capture it on a webcam or digital camera of some sort and it leaks out that you are not treated the right way, so they wisk you away to another prison in another country for another undetermined amount of time.

mastermesh said:
As mentioned, you'd think free speech would get him off, but I highly doubt it will...

I don't want to start a political fight here but free speech only extends so far. Free speech doesn't allow you to incite violence. This is the argument the government will try and make. It is up to the courts to determine if that is what was happening.

It is also illegal to do business with a terrorist or terrorist organization. The government is also charging that.

I have no concerns with stopping this guy if he was doing both of those things.

This does make me wonder though, if the program provider was outside the US and if the satellite owner isn't a US based company, what could the US government do? My guess would be nothing. In today's world I would think it would be entirely possible for something like that to happen.

If that channel is illegal then make Al Jezera Illegal as well.

Have you ever noticed anyone does not agree with us (the USA) can be considered terrorists.

wantogetstarted said:
This does make me wonder though, if the program provider was outside the US and if the satellite owner isn't a US based company, what could the US government do? My guess would be nothing. In today's world I would think it would be entirely possible for something like that to happen.
Absolutely, that stuff happens. That's why Iran's government is going around smashing satellite dishes, because they can't control the signal. Fidel's brother recently outlawed all satellite dishes in his country for the same reason. And that's the same reason the US Federal, state, local governments can do virtually nothing to stop offshore gambling, pedophile, spambot and other illegal Internet activity.

About all that can be done is to track them down and then complain to the country of origin and get them to take action based on whatever treaties may be in place.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)