Blackout: Browns vs Lions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

20fan

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 8, 2005
America's Rollercoast
This is where I don't understand the NFL blackout rules. NFL network blacked out the Browns vs Lions game today in my area which is Toledo locals. It is not being shown on any Toledo local channels, and D* won't let me get Cleveland locals. So my son and his friends come over to watch the game, and when its time to start, we get the blackout notice. Can you imagine what a let down that was??????? Can someone help me understand this situation?:confused::confused::confused:

I wonder if it is because the game was not a sell out? Normal NFL black out rules state that the game will not be broadcast within a 75 mile radius if the game is not sold out.

If the game is on NFL Network its blacked out for the 2 local markets and is on local affiliates

If the game doesnt sell out then its blacked out on local affiliates

yeah it sucks but the blackout rules have been this way for decades

This is where I don't understand the NFL blackout rules. NFL network blacked out the Browns vs Lions game today in my area which is Toledo locals. It is not being shown on any Toledo local channels, and D* won't let me get Cleveland locals. So my son and his friends come over to watch the game, and when its time to start, we get the blackout notice. Can you imagine what a let down that was??????? Can someone help me understand this situation?:confused::confused::confused:
You don't want to see it. Its not pretty if you are a Brownie.

These rules blow but it's been that way forever in the NFL; many many blackouts when the Lions played in that monstrosity in Pontiac. I relocated from Chicago to Detroit for one year & brought my DTV equipment with me; word spread that I could get the Lions games on my receivers & I had 'friends' come over I didn't even know. The truly sad thing is the Lions were just awful & were the last team I wanted to watch. I got the ST to watch the good teams play in the first place.

Blackout rules DO BLOW, but why oh why is this in this thread? Same "problems" and same "answers" every year; this is a league/team issue. It belongs in the sports or network threads as this is not a Dish, cable or DirecTV issue; never has been. Nor is this a NFL ST/SF issue.

It's no big deal that he put in the directv forum. From reading the op post, he didn't know why it was blacked out, if it was D* or the NFL or what.

He got his answer, just something he probably didn't want to hear.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts