Blackout issue (nhl)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fac5006

Original poster
Dec 31, 2011
I live in Baltimore and have always gotten washington capitals games on csn mid Atlantic. They are definitely our local rsn. The last two nights the games have been blacked out and customer service was clueless. Anyone know what the issue might be?

I live in Baltimore and have always gotten washington capitals games on csn mid Atlantic. They are definitely our local rsn. The last two nights the games have been blacked out and customer service was clueless. Anyone know what the issue might be?

Was the game found on any other channel ?

The game showed active on both 642 CSNMA (reg HD) AND CSNMA 643 (HD alt) so maybe something else ran over and it was on the alternate; or possibly some other local affiliate outlet either way DirecTV, especially their CSRs, can hardly know the ins and outs of all the blackouts because they do not control them. Hell, even the leagues and teams themselves have a hard time explaining them. You need to contact the Capitals, the NHL and / or CSN-MA

Last edited:
Actually the wizards were listed on 643 but your other points stand. Also the timing is crap because all the numbers I found for csn-ma and the caps are only good during business hours

I also live in Baltimore and I am experiencing the same issues. I called DirectTv last night and they opened up a ticket to resolve. The manager I spoke with believes it is a problem on their end. The customer service reps are useless...they say that CSN Mid-Atlantic is not available in BMore (only MASN) despite the fact that we are within region and I've always had the channel. They say the channel is only available via their $12.95/month sports package, despite the website clearly indicating otherwise. I've had CSNHD all day today and then a code 721 "Not Subscribed" message pops up when the game come on. BS.

21230. DirectTv lists as Baltimore IAD (from DirectTv Mgr). There is a Baltimore City Service Zip according to the manager I spoke with...which apparently does not include 21230 Baltimore City zip code. Thanks. KW

21230. DirectTv lists as Baltimore IAD (from DirectTv Mgr). There is a Baltimore City Service Zip according to the manager I spoke with...which apparently does not include 21230 Baltimore City zip code. Thanks. KW

Not 110% what exactly you mean by the above IN RED

According to the search tool:

The 21230 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro teams. With HD Access select channels and teams available in HD are noted below:

With any DIRECTV base package (CHOICE or above, or MÁS ULTRA or above):

Mid-Atlantic Sports Network HD (Ch. 640) - HD Available

Nationals (HD Available)

Orioles (HD Available)

Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic HD (Ch. 642) - HD Available

Washington Capitals (HD Available)

Washington Wizards (HD Available)

I would definitely recommend calling the league and the team or maybe using their contacts email/website. Be very specific about the exact games, dates, time and channel you were trying to view.

Thanks, Charper! DirectTv told me they were hoping to have a resolution to the issue by Monday/Tuesday due to the holiday. If no resolution is available I will contact the Caps.

I'm in 21230 and I'm also a longstanding season ticket holder. I contacted my Caps rep and I'm awaiting a reply to see if he knows anything. Direct tv had no idea what I was talking about.

same issue

live in 21230 (Baltimore City)...spent over an hour with 2 different DirecTV reps the past two days b/c the past 2-3 Caps games have been blacked out (Sabres/Flames 100% I remember not being able to watch).

I also have the $12.95 sports package on top of the normal subscription and get the error 721.

DirecTV has no idea what the issue is. My thoughts are like others...contact Capitals, DirecTV, NHL on a daily basis.

baltimoreguy said:
live in 21230 (Baltimore City)...spent over an hour with 2 different DirecTV reps the past two days b/c the past 2-3 Caps games have been blacked out (Sabres/Flames 100% I remember not being able to watch).

I also have the $12.95 sports package on top of the normal subscription and get the error 721.

DirecTV has no idea what the issue is. My thoughts are like others...contact Capitals, DirecTV, NHL on a daily basis.

Maybe you need to re-authorize your account. It works for some.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/mydirectv/mysystem/mySystemResendAuthorization.jsp

A few weeks ago there was a Sacremanto Kings game listed on both CSNCA(698 and CSNCA+(699). I am in the local area for both sports teams and get all of the games that are on CSN. At the same time there was a SJ Sharks game going on as well. According to the listing on the CSN web site the SJ game was on 698 and the Kings game was on 699. Since I was remote to my DVR I used the iphone app to schedule a recording for the SJ game. The DTV listing made no sense at all at it showed the SK game on BOTH 698 and 699. The listing showed the SJ game as a 3hr later game on 698 only! I set a manual recording for both 698 and 699 to start at 6pm and go until 11pm. Both ended up being the very short variety with the blackout message instead of the SJ game!!!

This appears to be happening yet again. Here is the data for tonight:

CSNCA 698:
Kings\Nuggets at 6pm
Sharks\Ducks at 9pm

CSNCA+ 699:
Kings\Nuggets at 5:55pm

I am NOT going to be home to see what happens but I suspect this is going to happen again.... Do I call DTV or is this a CSN issue?

Maybe you need to re-authorize your account. It works for some.

Nope...tried it 2 last night. Reset the box 3 times (once while stuck on line with DirecTV). None of that worked.

They told me today they would send an escalation to their other tech group as this shouldn't be happening to anyone in 21230 zip code or other parts of MD/VA/DC

Hey guys, I was at the game Tuesday. Did csn work or was it still blacked out?

Nope...tried it 2 last night. Reset the box 3 times (once while stuck on line with DirecTV). None of that worked.

They told me today they would send an escalation to their other tech group as this shouldn't be happening to anyone in 21230 zip code or other parts of MD/VA/DC

Just a quick note that a reset and a re-authorization are two totally different things.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts