Studebaker driver
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
The Rundown is blacked out for me. Anyone have an idea why?

This happens to me if I leave my Genie on MLB Network. What ever show is on when I turn it back on is blacked out. Usually, if I change channels and go back, it fixes itself. This happened to me during The Rundown yesterday. However, it was still blacked out when I changed channels and went back.

Oddly enough, it came back on before the end of the show at 4PM. I'm wondering if they were showing the Boston game. That would have been subject to blackout in my area.

This was yesterday, not Sunday.

Oddly enough, it came back on before the end of the show at 4PM. I'm wondering if they were showing the Boston game. That would have been subject to blackout in my area.

not according to MLB Network site. Plus the game would have been on the main channel not an alternate (if its the only game)

Hey, I'm grasping at straws here! :) Why would they have blacked out the Rundown?

Right now for me, MLB Tonight is blacked out. I never thought to check 214-1 before... I did now. The Rangers/Cubs game is on there not blacked out. Perhaps that is why the main channel has been blacked out - your area was getting an MLB Network game on the MLB-alt feed, ch 214/214-1.

I checked the alternate feed, there was nothing on it at the time.

Once again, MLB Network is at it again ...

Living in NW Ohio, the Braves vs Pirates game is blacked out ... I am in NO way in either of those teams area, what gives MLB ?

Now lets check the other game ... the Mets and Nats, well, this game is on ... I think if they are gonna use 2 games feeds, they should both be available.

Unless one of them is in your area, I agree, but that's not the way it's set up.

Unless one of them is in your area, I agree, but that's not the way it's set up.

I figured it out .... the reason the other game isn't available to me/us is the fact that Strausburg is pitching for the Nats and they want to force as many as possible to watch the Natgod ...

When they have two games on (213 / 214) you are only authorized for one, selected by zip code by the station. Think of if you had cable, you would receive the game for your area and not even know there ever was another game on MLB Net. Being satellite you see both, but are still only selected for one. Similar to other sports regional coverage (MLB on FOX, NFL, NHL on NBC, etc), they air games by region.

Ironically, both of these games tonight appear on my local RSNs but I CAN watch the Braves/Pirates on MLB Network and FS South.The Nats/Mets game is on MASN but blacked out on MLB Network.

When they have two games on (213 / 214) you are only authorized for one, selected by zip code by the station. Think of if you had cable, you would receive the game for your area and not even know there ever was another game on MLB Net. Being satellite you see both, but are still only selected for one. Similar to other sports regional coverage (MLB on FOX, NFL, NHL on NBC, etc), they air games by region.

Hmmmm, would have thought that, that was an advantage of having Satellite .... unfortunately not . :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts