Status
Please reply by conversation.

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Why are replays blacked out? NHL had a Pen's game on and it was blacked out. One it was a replay and two Root Sports was replaying the game. So why would it be blacked out?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I think they're taking the black out rules over board. The original reason for a black out is so you're forced to watch it on your local station. Which is so you have to watch you're local commercials.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

charper1 said:
I agree 110%, but its a league/RSN issue not DirecTV. You can voice your opinion to them like I do.

Actually, I think it is the League/Team that makes the call, not the RSN ... the RSN would probably Love to show it, it draws them more revenue.

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

I didn't think the NHL replays were blacked out. I have watched many throughout the years on Dish Network, and some this year with Directv including the Wild-Islanders games on ch 668 as we speak to see if I am receiving stuttering (which, BTW, Iceberg, I am. I have see two 15 second episodes of stuttering audio with no picture issues in 15 minutes of watching.) My gf watches Bruins in 2 all the time on NESN. We're in NC.)

In fact, even with Time Warner Cable in North Carolina, they sometimes used old Bruins-in-2 broadcasts (or the latest when the seasons overlap) to air during Red Sox games instead of a black-out message on NESN.

I've watched numerous NHL replays this year and have yet to be blacked out on any of them so far.

Yes, it is entirely dependent on the team. As other posts have said, the NESN Bruins replays always seem to be available (and that's all I really care about!!)

It depends on the league. MLB, forget it, I can't watch a game from 1992 between the Reds and Cardnials. NFL, the same with preseason football. NBA, depends on the team. Usually Altitude and the Denver Nuggets are more friendly to the matter, or so I noticed in previous seasons. NHL, as everyone here has stated, I can watch many rebroadcasts of any team. These leagues believe that many people won't pay for their out-of-market packages if they can wait a couple hours and watch the replay for $7+/month. What they don't get, is unless it's live, many people will just get the score for their phone or computer. Many people won't even wait for the bottom line on ESPN anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts