Blalck HR20-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pofied

Original poster
Jul 24, 2004
This is my first post so I hope that I am in the correct area. Yesterday I had the Thompson/RCA mfg -100 installed. I was a little concerned when I saw this unit
because I was looking for a silver -700. After about 10 hours of operation the unit was not even warm to the touch and the fan/hard drive noise was too low to hear from more than a foot away. The feet may be a little higher and there are no vents on top of the unit. Channel changing did not appear to be much slower than my old Samsung HD receiver. The -100 made in Mexico on 2/22/07. Maybe some of the earlier HR problems have been resolved.

This is my first post so I hope that I am in the correct area. Yesterday I had the Thompson/RCA mfg -100 installed. I was a little concerned when I saw this unit
because I was looking for a silver -700. After about 10 hours of operation the unit was not even warm to the touch and the fan/hard drive noise was too low to hear from more than a foot away. The feet may be a little higher and there are no vents on top of the unit. Channel changing did not appear to be much slower than my old Samsung HD receiver. The -100 made in Mexico on 2/22/07. Maybe some of the earlier HR problems have been resolved.

Alot of the earlier problems have been resolved.
I am looking to get a black one, if possible.

Q. If you know or have seen the silver.
IS the guide and set up the same on both units ?

I hope so, but seeing they are made by different companies I thought I would ask.

Jimbo

The software for the 100 and 700 is identical from a users perspective. The only differences are under the hood.

The only large difference is that the 100 is currently behind a few releases, running version 12a while the 700 is running 0145.

The software for the 100 and 700 is identical from a users perspective. The only differences are under the hood.

The only large difference is that the 100 is currently behind a few releases, running version 12a while the 700 is running 0145.

Teronzhul,
So does this mean the guide is the same and the GUI is identical so all features are in the same place.
I really don't want to have two of the same machine and have to learn seperate layouts.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)