Blaze

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

msrebel

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
When will direct add Glen Becks Blaze channel dish just added it?

I sent an email to directv to ask them to add it last week. The response said they did not have plans to add it as of yet but would forward my suggestion on to the higher ups.

I thought Dish had an exclusive deal to get it. I could be wrong. It's not in HD on Dish though for you HD gurus.

If that's the case, I wish Dish had gotten it sooner. That way I could have specified it as the reason I was switching to D* when I cancelled. ;)

I have Current blocked, I'd do the same for Blaze! I see enough whack jobs in real life, I don't need them on my tv! :)

and like the other posts about channels out there like this please remember we dont allow political posts
Thanks!

I consider my self to be quite conservative politically, but I would certinaly not be waving the banner to get Glen Beck added, he is a little over the top for my taste. Of course, on the other hand I have CurrentTV out of my favourites too, if they did add Beck, I would just do the same.

Iceberg said:
and like the other posts about channels out there like this please remember we dont allow political posts
Thanks!

Sorry Ice and other mods... It is naive to think you can have an apolitical discussion about a politically based/biased channel whether it be Blaze, Current or take your pick of news channels. I don't recall seeing a discussion of any if the aforementioned channels that has not denigrated into heated political potshots - ever - anywhere.

As long as there are politically biased channels there will be politically based discussion. Unfortunately even a simple mention of an audio problem on Foxnews or MSNBC will quickly result in politically motivated hits.

If you really want to ban political discussion then you're going to have to ban ANY discussion or post relating to a political or news channel - period. Better yet, the service providers should ban all the news channels and political channels until they get back to REAL, unbiased reporting and leave the politics to the editorials. This is ruining this great country and making a travesty of the freedom of speech that millions have fought and died for.

Sorry Ice and other mods... It is naive to think you can have an apolitical discussion about a politically based/biased channel whether it be Blaze, Current or take your pick of news channels. I don't recall seeing a discussion of any if the aforementioned channels that has not denigrated into heated political potshots - ever - anywhere.

then I guess you didnt see the thread in the Dish area where this same channel was discussed pretty good for a few pages (10 or so) then some people decided not to play by the rules.
We've had plenty of topics about specific channels that conversed fine.

Iceberg said:
then I guess you didnt see the thread in the Dish area where this same channel was discussed pretty good for a few pages (10 or so) then some people decided not to play by the rules.
We've had plenty of topics about specific channels that conversed fine.

No, I generally don't hang out in the Dish area much but I think that made my point - it still eventually turned political.

I'm not criticizing you or any other of the moderators - you all do a fine job. This was a diatribe on the sad, divisive state the political powers have created and foster.

Thanks!

The problem is thae seems to be allowing more and more of them which emboldens people to speak their mind in other threads. It is hard to allow some political posts and not others without seeming to be unfair.

Status
Please reply by conversation.