Bleed Over

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diamond Jim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
The Boilermaker State (#19)
I have a lot of bleed over from IA6 (T6) onto G3. It is so bad that I am never sure I am on G3 unless there is a test pattern of a strong signal comes in. I know they are only 2 degrees apart, but I don't have any problem with any other satellites that are 2 apart. Is anyone else experienceing this?

8.5' is the smallest size for the 2 deg spacing, funny thing is if over at the other end of the arc its working good, I'm not sure whats wrong, I'm sure you have tried finetune and bumping the dish, I have no problem here with a 10'.

Try fine tuning your polarization(skew) adjustment stored in the receiver for both satellites. At ten years of age your motor may be failing. :)

boba said:
Try fine tuning your polarization(skew) adjustment stored in the receiver for both satellites. At ten years of age your motor may be failing. :)

Also check to see if wasps has built a nest in the feed. Sometimes birds build nests on top of the feed too and the weight of this nest can cause the feed to become out of alignment. These things will mess with the picture too.

BryanSR

Thanks for all of the useful tips, but I figure if it was any of the above mentioned problems it would be doing it on all the satellites that are 2 degrees apart, right?

Diamond Jim said:
Thanks for all of the useful tips, but I figure if it was any of the above mentioned problems it would be doing it on all the satellites that are 2 degrees apart, right?

No, some sats are stronger than others and the interference will be greater.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)