Status
Please reply by conversation.

RandallA

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 13, 2004
San Francisco Bay Area
I have a SWM16 switch feeding 5 receivers. On port 1, I have 2 HR24s and the DECA. On port 2, 2 H24s and a R22 receiver. I would like to block port 2 receivers from seeing port 1 receivers recording lists.

I'm thinking it can be done with a BSF placed before the splitter on port 1 but I'd like to confirm it here. Also, what happens to the Internet for port 2 receivers? Do they still get Internet?

Simple way of doing this is to just hide the receivers on the second leg of the 16. You can decide if you want them to share and see other receivers and still keep the Internet connected. Also if you ever change your mind you can always just change the settings in the receivers if you want the feature turned back on

So you're saying that this can be done with software? How? I haven't found any option in the receiver's software to block certain receivers, it's always block all or allow all. That would be the ideal solution, if the MRV can be controlled through software but like I said I haven't seen in the menu.

If I understand your question,go to: Settings: Whole-Home: Share Playlist or External Device. I have one of my DVRs set to "Block" on external access. All my receivers are DVRs though, so could be different options for just receiver.

I don't think this can be done through the settings on the receiver (software). I have a SWM 16, there are two ports on a SWM 16 switch, port 1 and port 2. I want to block receivers on port 2 from seeing the receivers on port 1. But I want the 2 HR24s on port 1 to see each other. The only way I think this could be done is with a filter or separate switches.

Using a filter works for what I wanted but it also blocks the Internet on the receivers on port 2. In my case, those receivers don't need the Internet anyways. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)