Blown off by installer!!

wtourigny

Original poster
Mar 24, 2004
I really can't put all the blame on Dish for this fiasco but here's the scoop. I was scheduled for a 811 install (upgrade some switches) on 5/1/04. Installer was to be here between 12:00-5:00 PM. 5:00 comes around and still no installer. I got on the phone and called Dish C.S. I give the rep my info and she tells me that there is a note in my file saying "Address does not exist" and "phone lines disconnected" (I had them install the dish 500 system at my new house last June and had 2 new receiver delivered here since then) and I told her that someone had called the day before to make sure we were all set for the next day install. She then verifiys my address and phone#.She does not understand what happened and puts me on hold as she tries to find out. After about 10min, we get disconnected. I call back and explained my situation all over again to a different CS rep. He put's me on hold for about 30 min while he tries to contact the installer. I then get a senior CS rep and had to explain again. Anyway, I get no answers and I had to reschedule my install for 5/7/04. (I wanted 5/4) The rep said he will try to get it done sooner and would call me back once he had an answer. Well it's 5/03 and nothing. Hoping to here something today. I think I let them off the hook by setting up the new install date? This is not Dish's fault and they were very good trying to get me some answers. I really think that it was a beautiful day Saturday, I was the last install of the day, and the installer blew me off to go home early!! Bad Business!! I'll post the results of this when I get some kind of reason this happened.

Maybe he had trouble at the installs ahead of you and was running very late. That is why I always insist on being the first install of the day. I do the same thing with doctor's appointment, When you are the first, they can't claim the are running late unless they overslept.

Ya, that's what I was hoping to here from dish and that would of been completely acceptable. I would of been disappointed but stuff happens! But from what dish told me was that the installer noted on file "no such address/phone disconnected. She asked me if they had contacted me to say they were running late or needed directions which they did not. I had my phone with me all day just in case they tried to call. Still waiting for a call from dish.

wtourigny said:
Still waiting for a call from dish.

I hope you are sitting in a very comfortable chair. You'll be waiting for while. (You might want to check the weather forecast for Hell, to see exactly when they expect it to freeze over.)

Don't you love how the first Dish CSR hung up on you when he/she couldn't help, or how the second one kept you on holf or 30 minutes...30 MINUTES...before bumping you to a supervisor.

I guess your right Gary. Nothing from dish today. I tried to handle this calmly and give them a chance to make this right but I got grap! Tomorrow I'm calling to see what's up. I kind of knew that I let them of the hook when I set up a new install. I need to take the day off for this one so they better show up Friday or their history. Think I should ask for some kind of comp for this B.S.? Ya, right!
Maybe they gave my new 811 receiver to someone else?

wtourigny said:
I guess your right Gary. Nothing from dish today. I tried to handle this calmly and give them a chance to make this right but I got grap! Tomorrow I'm calling to see what's up. I kind of knew that I let them of the hook when I set up a new install. I need to take the day off for this one so they better show up Friday or their history. Think I should ask for some kind of comp for this B.S.? Ya, right!
Maybe they gave my new 811 receiver to someone else?

Trust me, you don't want that buggy piece of %*&$.

I had an install scheduled for 12/27 for the same time slot. I finally called Dish Network around 5:30 and they said to wait a while longer. After 6pm I spent about an hour on the phone with DN trying to find out what happened and all that. Found out late that night when they called me back that the installer didn't come because my phone stayed busy. What an idiot.. Now why in the world would he not come if he knew the phone was busy, meaning someone's home... Geez.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)