blsa linux app

Status
Please reply by conversation.

updatelee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
CFB Edmonton
unsure if anyone here has a blsa in linux but if you do...

Here is my blsa linux app, Ive done a little more work to it, its still under heavy dev, its a mess but its a functional mess haha.

UDL

I think the graphics are slowly coming along, Im no expert on imagemagick, first time I ever used it, but I will say that its easier then I thought it would be.

I even added a simple tp detect function, it does some rudimentary guessing to try and determine what is a tp and what is just noise. it works most of the time, ignore it when it doesnt work lol

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...eat=directlink

UDL, the link is not found.
I'm new to sat world, trying to get up to speed.
BLSA, is this a software spectrum analyzer?

I ran tune-s2 to try getting my tbs6981 DVB-S2 card running, but no luck. At least the program gave more info. Tuning failed..:(

sorry it didnt paste correctly

Picasa Web Albums - updatelee - blsa

yes the BLSA is a modified broadlogic tuner with an addon serial device that takes control of the tuner and lets you use it as a low budget spectrum analyzer

on the tune-s2 app, does it tell you why it failed ? try tail -f /var/log/debug or tail -f /var/log/message to see if the kernel module gives you more clues

you might need to enable debug on the kernel module

rmmod ko_name
modprobe ko_name debug=1

OOPS! I was referring to the second link
And I see from your blog that the BLSA is a hardware/software piece. Interesting!
Thanks for your work - I'm waiting on a prof 7500 to arrive. Hopefully it will work better than the current DVB-S2 card!

UDL, I don't want to hijack this thread. I appreciate your help, so shall I open a new thread? There are probably some other folks having trouble with their cards too.

here is a link to my tune-s2 discussion

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-air-pc-dvb-discussion/218197-tune-s2-my-little-linux-app.html

your welcome to post there, I only have a few tuners so ive tweaked my app to work well on those, but sometimes other tuners need small changed that Im just unaware of because I dont own them. The more compatible I can make the app the better so Im very willing to see what we can do to make it work for you.

Im really happy with the Prof tuners, they show aot of potential to be even more then they are now. And their one heck of a tuner right now :) hehe

Status
Please reply by conversation.