Blu-Ray Bashing Blues

BD/Sony is an easy target and the media make their living (literally) off of finding things to write about. Stories about how wonderful HD video/audio looks on the latest BD release doesn't sell papers/get clicks/attract advertising like stories that nit-pick over and sensationalize every little fault that can be dug up.

BD/Sony is an easy target and the media make their living (literally) off of finding things to write about. Stories about how wonderful HD video/audio looks on the latest BD release doesn't sell papers/get clicks/attract advertising like stories that nit-pick over and sensationalize every little fault that can be dug up.
The flaw in your post is those little/big faults are adding up. Most people can't enjoy the HD audio, so there are legitimate things to write about. If you think about it most BD owners are probably watching movies on a 720p TV with a older receiver that can’t internally decode HD audio. I’m guessing 90% maybe more fall into that category, or atleast one or the other(720p/old AVR).

That article can be summed up in one word: Diogen

:haha :haha

That article can be summed up in one word: Diogen
Wow!
After a three week absence the wise ones returned to explain things to the unwashed masses... :)
I'm honored.

This article is important in one important aspect: the ground is prepared to point the blame in case BD is not going to make it...

The very existence of two formats was blamed for a slow takeoff of HDM.
Now, being left alone, BD doesn't exactly show signs of raging success. It is explained by post-Xmas season,
"1st quarter is always slow", US$ in the dumps, economic recession, etc.

Even Sony President's (and some parrots) claim that BD will be over 50% by year's end can't revive this dud.

It's time to look for the one to blame... Expect more articles like this.

Diogen.

Sony. Yep.

Yes, I bought a PS3. But the root kit debacle made it very hard to do so. And Sony is always the source of last resort for me, whenever I shop. Maybe the Bravia is good. But so are some Toshibas and Samsungs.

The author talks like he's bought into this Blu-ray bad news nonsense. By year's end supply will have picked up, and the adverts and special offers will begin to have their effect. And he knows it. And will write about "great success" then.

Sony. Yep.

Yes, I bought a PS3. But the root kit debacle made it very hard to do so. And Sony is always the source of last resort for me, whenever I shop. Maybe the Bravia is good. But so are some Toshibas and Samsungs.

The author talks like he's bought into this Blu-ray bad news nonsense. By year's end supply will have picked up, and the adverts and special offers will begin to have their effect. And he knows it. And will write about "great success" then.

You know the whole "Supply" supply thing is used by Sony on any product they can't move. Look at the PS3 last year where the Head of SCEA said if you could find one on the shelf he would pay $1200 bucks. The penny arcade guys found lots of them out there.

Hirai claims that price was never PS3s problem. Destructoid offers reviews, previews, trailers, cheats, and more.

Jack Tretton: Jack Tretton Owes Penny Arcade $13,200

Old ploy that wont work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)