Blu Ray losing badly.

To bad the Blu-ray players make it very dificult to access the lossless codecs. How many internally decode them?

If you have a sound system good enough to resolves the nuances of master audio, you can afford the upgrade to a receiver with HDMI input.

5.1 analogue output was a nice stopgap solution for early adopters, but now receivers that support HDMI are widely available and are necessary for 6.1 and 7.1 formats anyways. Toshiba apparently agrees since they abandoned analogue out after their 1G players.

Choose HD DVD over Blu-ray!

Who needs HD extras? Not HD DVD users. (see Harry Potter: OotP, HD extras on Blu-ray, no space for it on HD DVD)

Who needs lossless audio? Not HD DVD users. (62% of Blu-ray discs have lossless audio, only 21% of HD DVD releases can fit it on the disc)

Who needs transfers that actually resemble the master? DNR the heck out of them to fit them in 30GB! (see Face/Off | BD vs HD | Image 1 )

But, but, but, Profile 1.1...is coming to the top selling Blu-ray player tomorrow. Literally. 12/18/07 update your firmware for the PS3.

How can we correct this misinformation? Hmmmm

The only "extra" missing is the A&E special that was broadcast on TV. It is on the UK version and iin HD.

What does DNR on Face-off have to do with this? Nothing and had nothing to do with fitting on a disc. DNR happens becuase people complain about grain which is natural in film.

Besides the Panasonic and PS3 any other players 1.1 compatable? No.

The only "extra" missing is the A&E special that was broadcast on TV. It is on the UK version and iin HD.

I believe his comment was not about extras missing from the HD-DVD versions, but about them not being in HD (i.e. Harry Potter: OOTP) when they were on the BD version.

How can we correct this misinformation? Hmmmm

Time to correct your misinformation: The HD DVD was missing about 1,728,000 pixels on the extras. The US HD DVD only offered SD, the Blu-ray set was HD. Just another case of 50GB > 30GB.

Time to correct your misinformation: The HD DVD was missing about 1,728,000 pixels on the extras. The US HD DVD only offered SD, the Blu-ray set was HD. Just another case of 50GB > 30GB.

You are correct as am I. Trying to do two things at once. I missed the HD part. Extras are not in HD and They are available on the UK edition. I have both. Why Warner didn't do a special edition like The European edition, I don't know I like it.

The rest of my post stands.

As for who needs.... It seems that for the past year we have been listening to we don't need no stupid PiP, etc. Now all of a sudden it's important?

S~

Last edited:
You are correct as am I. Trying to do two things at once. I missed the HD part. Extras are not in HD and They are available on the UK edition. I have both. Why Warner didn't do a special edition like The European edition, I don't know I like it.

The rest of my post stands.

As for who needs.... It seems that for the past year we have been listening to we don't need no stupid PiP, etc. Now all of a sudden it's important?

S~

ok lets not forget that 51 gig HD platters have been approved and are on the way out. And all HD-DVD players can update to the new format since HD -DVD has internet connection option put on the players as part of the standard (so they claim at least).

So soon we can throw out the 51>50 gig argument :p

Toshiba apparently agrees since they abandoned analogue out after their 1G players.
Have you been living in a barn? XA2 has 5.1 analog and so does the A35. I and the majority of J6P's out there have no interest in buying extra speakers for 7.1 So you have joined the BD FUD train with Joe too? :rolleyes:

ok lets not forget that 51 gig HD platters have been approved and are on the way out. And all HD-DVD players can update to the new format since HD -DVD has internet connection option put on the players as part of the standard (so they claim at least).

So soon we can throw out the 51>50 gig argument :p

Less than 4 months after Blu-ray launch the first BD50 titles were released. 203 and counting BD50 titles have been commercially released in the US alone.

10 months after Toshiba announces HD51? 0 titles have been commercially released. 0 titles have even been announced. Vaporware.

Less than 4 months after Blu-ray launch the first BD50 titles were released. 203 and counting BD50 titles have been commercially released in the US alone.

10 months after Toshiba announces HD51? 0 titles have been commercially released. 0 titles have even been announced. Vaporware.

No rebuttals?:eek:

51 was just approved last month. More important than the 51 is the TL Twin disc.

BD50 took four months because they couldn't get it quite right. Still only around 50% of BD titles released use the 50GB disc (48.8 % to be exact). And who was the first studio? Warner. It took 5 months for an exclusive studio to use a BD50 and even then, they didn't start being used consistently until the beginning of 07.

S~

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts