Which format is better

• HD DVD

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Blue ray

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Don't care

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters
If I could find one to test I'd let you know. The big chains around me offer HD DVD for sale, but only after ordering them from the warehouse.

CC told me over the weekend that they have BR players in stock, but that they're not permitted to sell them yet.

Just saw BR at BB...Bleh

landlocked said:
If I could find one to test I'd let you know. The big chains around me offer HD DVD for sale, but only after ordering them from the warehouse.

CC told me over the weekend that they have BR players in stock, but that they're not permitted to sell them yet.

Must be lucky...BB here has both BR and HD-DVD

all I can say about BR is expensive and Bleh (now anyway) The Samsung BR player on the Westinghoude 42" 1080p was really poor...major pixilization....NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME...EITHER OF THEM IMHO

I answered the upconversion issue too while I was there...did a demo of the HD-DVD upconversion against an older (like mine)Pioneer Elite 59i DVD player...NO CONTEST...The Pioneer blew it away...Back on the fence I go! BTW: did not see any difference between upconverted 59i or the newer Elite for that matter....Toshiba was good, but NO MATCH for the Elites for upconversion!
Jeff

I finally did find one at a BB across town. I have no clue if HD DVD will win, but I'd rather lose $500 than $1000 on a format war and still have a good upconvert player.

This also means I won't be building a collection -- just renting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)