blue words

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Why is it that often I see the word "dish" in light blue in the posts? I've also seen the word "jalapeno" this way, IIRC.

Testing going on? Or quirk of my system? I have W7.

Darn, I thought this was about the OTHER blue words.;)

While we're on the subject...what's going on with these guys? :D

blueman.jpg

Blue man group? Used to be great, now notso in recent years.

Blue Man Group is not really a group... its now a franchise, where if you pay them money you could own your own Blue Man Group in your city... they then train you how to do everything...

I went and saw Blueman in Orlando and was selected to throw chocolates into the mouth of one of the members of the group. It was fun until he spit the chocolate back in my hand at the end. :)

Now as far as blue words go, I am not sure what your seeing...

Some words do turn blue on the site sich as DISHSTORE. But these are sponsor links.

Now other words like "jalapeno" don't know why they are changing for you on the site. For non logged in members we do have words selected by the ad agency which do highlight words and if people click them then we earn a penny or two for a click. For more information on these please see Vibrant In-Text Ads

However if your logged in and seeing words like jalapeno in blue then chances are you have some kind of adware running on your PC. I would suggest scanning your PC with Malware bytes or Adaware.

Yep. Probably past due, since come to think of it, I haven't run adaware or spybot on the new W7 machine. But the blue words do not link anywhere. Defective adware? Perish the thought!

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll tend to it now. Norton 360 certainly doesn't do everything.

Odd. I've run 360, Adaware and Spybot. Not much was found. And "jalapeno" is still light blue, not a link. "Dish" isn't. Just odd. We'll see what the morrow will bring.

darn from the thread title I thought we were discussing dirty words.

Yes, after I titled it, I came to the realization. But then I figured the extra draw couldn't hurt.

Just as an example.. I have Skype installed and every phone number is converted into a Skype link...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts