Bluetooth Adapter on Joey for Bluetooth speaker?

DWS44

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2004
Rock Hill, SC
Any tips or trick for getting the Bluetooth adapter on a Joey to recognize/connect to a bluetooth speaker?

My brother has a Joey 3, and he bought one for the bluetooth adapters for the Joey with the hopes of connecting a bluetooth speaker. The speaker is a JBL Link 10. The speaker works great otherwise, and the bluetooth will connect to his Android tablet, but attempting to connect the speaker to the Joey all fail. Put the speaker in pairing mode, but it never acts like anything is trying to connect, and the Joey never recognizes anything on its end either, regardless of proximity between the two.

Any suggestions?

It sounds like he is just using a USB Bluetooth dongle, he needs a Bluetooth audio transmitter. Something like this will work, and includes RCA to 1/8" adapter for connection to the Joey.
Capture.JPG

Reactions: DWS44
Did he get the dish branded Joey Bluetooth adapter? I've paired an entire Polk audio system to a Joey 1.0 in the past with no issues.

Tech portal doesn't specify it works with Joey 3, but I don't see why it wouldn't...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190512-152622.jpeg
    Screenshot_20190512-152622.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 356
Reactions: TheKrell and DWS44
Did he get the dish branded Joey Bluetooth adapter? I've paired an entire Polk audio system to a Joey 1.0 in the past with no issues.

Tech portal doesn't specify it works with Joey 3, but I don't see why it wouldn't...

Yes, his is the Dish-branded version, purchased from Dish. The Joey 3 at least recognizes the adapter, as it activates the Bluetooth section in the menu...just fails to recognize that the speaker is trying to pair to it.

It sounds like he is just using a USB Bluetooth dongle, he needs a Bluetooth audio transmitter. Something like this will work, and includes RCA to 1/8" adapter for connection to the Joey.View attachment 138814

Thanks for the Amazon suggestion. I may look into that, but what is the Dish USB Bluetooth dongle intended for, if it's not for transmitting audio? :confused:

I found with my Sony Bluetooth speaker that it has a finite number of devices it can be paired with at any given time. Unfortunately, it's not a very big number and I have to do a Bluetooth Reset (delete all paired devices) to be able to add a new device. I'm not saying this is your problem, just mentioning a possible reason the Joey and your speaker might not pair.

Fortunately, the 4K Joey I got has the Bluetooth built-in, but my friend with the Joey 2 was able to use the Dish Bluetooth dongle Dish was handing out at CES 2015 to pair with his Bluetooth headphones. There shouldn't be a problem getting your Joey 3 connected to the JBL speaker. Maybe the JBL won't pair if the tablet is too close? Grasping at straws here, sorry…

Reactions: DWS44

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts