Bluetooth Earbuds Setup Help

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
Not very tech savvy so I could use some what will probably sound really easy to many of you but to an old man it’s very confusing.

Just bought a set of BT earbuds that I want to be able to listen to tv and my Roku with them. My set up right now is:

DISH Hopper3
Roku Express 4K+
Yamaha soundbar
Hisense tv

I’m baffled where to begin. I’m pretty sure I can pair them with the H3 but then how do I use them while watching the Roku. I’m way out of my knowledge zone so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

Does all of your audio come through the Yamaha sound-bar? If so, that’s where I would start. If it has the ability to pair your Bluetooth ear buds then that would be the simplest. If the Yamaha has an HDMI output to your Hisense TV’s eARC input, you might be able to see the sound-bar’s menu system which should help setting up Bluetooth playback devices.

Reactions: lgb0250 and FTA4PA
Not very tech savvy so I could use some what will probably sound really easy to many of you but to an old man it’s very confusing.

Just bought a set of BT earbuds that I want to be able to listen to tv and my Roku with them. My set up right now is:

DISH Hopper3
Roku Express 4K+
Yamaha soundbar
Hisense tv

I’m baffled where to begin. I’m pretty sure I can pair them with the H3 but then how do I use them while watching the Roku. I’m way out of my knowledge zone so any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance
I think Foxbat has identified one of only 2 ways this might be done. The other way I used on my Roku TV: an external Bluetooth transmitter plugged into the headphone output jack of our TV.

First of all yes, all of the audio comes through the sound bar. I did manage to get ONE earbud paired to the Hopper but only the right one. Nothing coming out of left one at all. Was unable to pair with the tv at all. Either I have a defective pair of buds or am doing something wrong.

Merry Christmas everyone. Ordered a different set of earbuds that arrived yesterday. Went back at this before our family arrived this morning and decided to just try pairing them to the tv. Both buds paired on the first try and work with both DISH programming and Roku. The only minor glitch is I have to use the tv remote to adjust their vol instead of the Harmony. That’s a different problem all together and can wait for another day. Thanks for all the input.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts