BN9 coming to Orlando system? Is this true?

byron

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Ooltewah, TN, US
Read elsewhere that BN9 (Bay News 9, BHN Tampa) is being added to BHN Central Florida system later this month, on Digital ch #1209...

The thread went on to state the launch date would be Dec 14th. This post is on another board, so as courtesy to SG I'm not going to hyperlink you to it. :)P)

But apparently -- you can already watch it live pre-launch if you live in the Central Florida area...

Copy/Paste:

In fact you can "trick" some BH cable boxes and watch BN9 ahead of the launch by doing the following:
Hold down ok/select button until a small icon flashes on the cable box (takes 10-15 secs)
When it does that, press the right arrow next to the ok/select button and type in 1209

End C/P

What a strange addition to me. Especially with the content seen during the commercial breaks, unless they're pre-empting them here and replacing them with other ads.

I live in Tampa so I can't verify this, but I'm interested in what others might think about it.

Byron

someone else posted that info here in a thread which i believe is titled new hd for orlando or something close to that.

someone else posted that info here in a thread which i believe is titled new hd for orlando or something close to that.

D'oh you're absolutely right. I see that now. Wow. Hmm, so that trick should allow the other channels to be viewable then too, I suppose?

You cannot get the other channels, only a template with for ex: GSN HD is not available now. Try again. They should be accessible Monday afternoon. The two new religion channels Word Network and Jewish Life were accessible via the trick and now they are not.

bn9 might be up early because BHN owns it. BHSN HD was available via that trick for like two weeks before

Tampa Bay and Orlando have similar channel numbers and got the same update on September 30. There was also a report Tampa Bay is getting GSN HD as well this month.

I would not be shocked if Tampa Bay got this update on Tuesday as well with them getting our 24-hour news Central Florida News 13.

We will see.

As for future HD, the stuff to pick up off of TWC is light but I bet OWN HD will be in the next update prob in the first quarter of 2011 along with stuff like GMC HD, Galavision HD, NASA TV HD and prehaps some premium channels.

The Tampa Bay commercials air here in Orlando on BN9. I think BHN was just trying to max out on what they could this update.

No.

TWC/BHN has to renew the carriage deal with them.

Right now, they are on month to month deals and the HD version is unlikely to become available until that agreement is renewed.

Tru TV is in the exact same boat as Lifetime, the Weather Channel and the other Starz channels outside of the main HD one. No HD versions of these channels until new carriage deals are agreed upon.

that just sucks. you would think they would try to get a deal done before march madness since tru will be airing some games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts