Boardwalk Empire

Wondering if anyone was going to catch the new HBO series Boardwalk Empire. The trailers look pretty interesting and thinking about getting HBO to check it out next weekend.

HBO: Boardwalk Empire: Homepage

Dish has a free preview of HBO that weekend - probably intentional on the part of HBO to get people hooked on watching that show.

It would seem likely that other providers may also have the free preview.

HBO spent huge bucks on the series. The boardwalk set was $5 million. The pilot/first episode was $20 million. More than a lot of cable series get for a whole season.

I'm hoping it turns out to be a good series. I've been looking for something to help equalize all the stuff my wife wants me to watch. :p

I thought the first episode was well done. Almost forgot I was watching a TV series instead of a movie. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

The wife was giving me a hard time before we watched it because I wanted to watch Flash Forward when that first came on. We know how that ended up.

I thought the first episode was well done. Almost forgot I was watching a TV series instead of a movie. Looking forward to next weeks episode.

I thought is was a tad slow, but in order to establish all the characters, I guess it had to be. Otherwise, thoroughly enjoyed it. Also liked the opening theme music. Reminded me of Ry Cooder.
Edit: Music was done by Brian Jonestown Massacre...though not familiar with them.

Last edited:
I will DVR the first 3 or 4 and watch in one sitting. Pilots are always hit and miss so I usually don't judge a show by them. After the first 3-4 episodes I think you can get a good feeling of the direction the show will take and its entertainment value.

Jury is still out...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)