Bob is mad at Dish and he has a good reason why. :)

I know a Dish 811 is essentially a Dish 6000 but how is this valid when they won't activate these receivers now? You say only channels you subscribe to which indicates it has to be activated and linked to an account.
Really hope this works out for you Bob.

goaliebob99 said:
Got through to advanced tech support.. this time i got through quick...
told the lady that I wanted to swap out my 942 for a 622... long wait as she pulls up my account.. Very quiet.. I had to ask if she was there to know if she was still on the line.. I talked to her and asked for a swapout... after determining that I'm swapping out my 942 for the 622.. she took my credit card number for the 299.... ordered the hd plat. package..

so far its been about 30 min and going and she still hasn't added the package....

OK finally got it added.. took the major cross roads, gave me an install date of February 10Th. 2006.. gave me the Ra number for my receiver..

I asked sense I was Ra ing the receiver if i would get the 200 dollar rebate in april... checking on it.. puts me on hold... and the answer is no...

finished up the call... (now on the line with the executive office :D)

You aren't giving them $299.00 and a 942 that you bought to lease a 622 are you? Why don't you keep the 942 it still has some use or sell it on ebay.

StevenD said:
I have to ask...

Did you REALLY expect to use your 921 for "15-20 years"?

I was thinking the same thing. I treat these things like PCs. 2-3 years of good use followed by a year of cursing at the thing until I can justify buying a new one.....