Boldin out indefinately after facial surgery

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
WOW! This is sad and pisses me off too! The TWO guys that layed the hit should have been BOTH suspended for MORE than just one game!

Smoking marijuana = 4 games
Laying a vicious hit ON PURPOSE = 1 game

That does not make ANY sense to me what's so ever!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Cardinals WR Boldin undergoes surgery to repair facial fracture

Associated Press
October 4, 2008, 3:01 PM ET

TEMPE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Cardinals' Anquan Boldin is out indefinitely following surgery on a facial bone fractured in a helmet-to-helmet hit during last Sunday's game against the New York Jets.

Coach Ken Whisenhunt said the surgeon who operated the wide receiver's fractured sinus on Thursday night told him that a hockey player who underwent a similar procedure was playing 10 days later.

"And that's a violent sport, too," Whisenhunt said Friday. "The doctor felt like it would give him the quickest chance to get back."

Boldin was ruled out of Sunday's home game against the Buffalo Bills.

The NFL suspended Jets safety Eric Smith for one game and fined him $50,000 for the hit. Second-year pro Steve Breaston, who caught nine passes for 122 yards last Sunday, is starting in Boldin's place.

ESPN - Cardinals WR Boldin undergoes surgery to repair facial fracture - NFL

Maybe on hits like that, there should be a fine and a suspension equivalent to how long the player has to miss due to the play.

i.e. If Bolden misses 2 games, the suspension is 2 games. If Bolden is out for the season because the injury was that severe, the suspension should be for the rest of the season.

Maybe on hits like that, there should be a fine and a suspension equivalent to how long the player has to miss due to the play.

i.e. If Bolden misses 2 games, the suspension is 2 games. If Bolden is out for the season because the injury was that severe, the suspension should be for the rest of the season.

I agree 100%! Giddell has NO PROBLEMS defending the image of the league when it comes to OFF FIELD situations....but bull**** like this tarnishes the league JUST AS MUCH if not MORE!!:mad:

The hit was indeed ugly and the result was even more unfortunate, but football is a violent sport that's played at an extreme pace. These things happen. I tend to believe this hit wasn't intended to have the results it triggered.

I think the 1-game suspension + a $50,00 fine was plenty of a penalty.

The hit was indeed ugly and the result was even more unfortunate, but football is a violent sport that's played at an extreme pace. These things happen. I tend to believe this hit wasn't intended to have the results it triggered.

I think the 1-game suspension + a $50,00 fine was plenty of a penalty.

Really??!! EVERY player in the league knows FULL WELL that hitting with your helmet TO THE HEAD is illegal...everyone. There was NO ATTEMPT by these two headhunters to hit OTHER than towards the head...watch the video a couple of teams and see if a attempt was ever made to hit ANYWHERE BUT the head....:rolleyes:

This has killed one of my fantasy teams as far as receivers go. I hope he recovers quickly, not just for my teams sake either.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)