Boolean Search Autorecord stopped working, anyone else? Any suggestions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DVDDAD

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Huntington, Long Island, NY
I thought it was weird that my HR-34 wasn't recording the first few Mets games of the season as I had a Bollean Search and auto record set up, which worked great last season. I chalked it up to the CE I was on, but after having EHD problems, with the new drive I'm back on NR 0x67e and still my games aren't recording. I deleted the autorecords from my series manager and reinstalled them without any success. The weird thing is that the Bollean search finds the games, it's just that the autorecord doesn't record them. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or what can be done to get autorecord too actually record? Thank you. Here's what I set up:

AALL METS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 11 (Autorecord Programmed for Sports, Baseball)
AALL METS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 639
AALL METS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 206 209
AALL METS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 5

AALL KNICKS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 634 (Autorecord Programmed for Sports, Basketball)
AALL KNICKS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 245
AALL KNICKS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 7
AALL KNICKS EVENTS LIVE HDTV CCHAN 216

You need to change CCHAN to CCHANS. This changed months ago and I wasn't aware of any that have stopped working but the new code is CCHANS.

Everything else looks OK and my HR34 similar booleans are working with CCHANS.

jcrandall, Thank you and before I forget good luck for the Wolverines in the Finals tomorrow night. I made the change to CCHANS and again although the search finds the games, autorecord is just not recording them. I set the recording to:

Episode Type: First Run
Keep at Most: 4 Episodes
Keep Until: Disk Full
Start: 10 Minutes Early
Stop: 1 1/2 Hours Later

When I click "Record Series" I get a message that the Autorecord is set, but none of the upcoming programs show up in my To Do list.

you can drop the HDTV part as it automatically records the HD version

I have mine set up as
AALL TWINS EVENTS LIVE CCHANS 668

for the Twins games and it shows all games for the next 2 weeks set to record

When I click "Record Series" I get a message that the Autorecord is set, but none of the upcoming programs show up in my To Do list.
does it show now? Usually it takes 10 minutes or so for the system to find the games

It may take hours to show the autorecords in the schedule. The machine processes the search during down time so to speak. Give it a day or two and see if it is recording your stuff. I can verify you will not see immediate recordings show as scheduled, even ones that are within 24 hours will not show right away.

Hooray! Thanks Iceberg and jcrandall! Changing it to CCHANS and deleting the HDTV did the trick. I had no luck without deleting the HDTV first. My "To Do" list was fully updated with the new recordings in about 15 minutes. I set up recordings for both the Mets and Knicks and both seem to be working great! Thanks again guys, you're the best!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)