Boosting the 121

Titan_Wireless

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 15, 2005
Anyone know how to increase the signal of the 121 Sat? I have tried to adjust the SuperDish many times and I get the 121 higher but at the expense of the 119 and 110? Can you put an in-line amp on the 121 LNB before going into the DP34 SW? I'm getting about 89 on the 121, 117 on the 119 and 90 on the 110 Sat. What are other people getting for there 121 satellite with a SuperDish?

Thanks Guys...

The 121 (and 105) are both lower power satellites, thats why the superdish is so much larger. A signal strength of 89 is very good, I've never seen above 90. For the other 2 sats, use transponder 11 for the 110 sat, and 12 for 119 sat, if those are both 100 or more, your alignment is fine.

the only thing you could do to boost the power is get a standalone SD, it comes with a different LNB, is a little bit bigger and is fiberglass, and judging by where you are this would put you into the hundreds, where i am at the 121 registers an average of 75, with this dish it is about 90. one problem though 2 dishes 1 for your locals and a 500 for the main birds. Advice if you are having issues losing signal in weather either your dish mounting is loose(doubtful) if you have tweaked it a few times, water in the connectors, or a bad LNB. 89 is a very good signal for the 121

I has the same issue when installing my 105 superdish. I adjusted it for sat 105, but the 119/100 are now in the high 90's; I has an average of 120 with the D500.

I'm not worried about b/c high 90's is still very good signal.

someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but if you want the best signal that you can receive on the 121/105 then you would install 2 dishes. A dish500 for 110/119 and a super for one of the sides. This way you don't compromise on any of the locations.

danielle_s said:
someone correct me if I'm wrong please, but if you want the best signal that you can receive on the 121/105 then you would install 2 dishes. A dish500 for 110/119 and a super for one of the sides. This way you don't compromise on any of the locations.
Do you need both 105 and 121?
If not a single superdish should suffice.

If you absolutely must have a standalone dish for 105 or 121 then you'll need a 30-36 inch dish with FSS LNB. From what someone else reported single FSS LNBs are legacy series however the one included in superdish is a dishpro type. Therefore if you must have the strongest signal level you would need one or two 36 inch dishes for 105 and/or 121 and a 21 inch dish500 legacy series (twin dual LNB) and either SW42 or Sw44 or SW64 switch.

danielle_s said:

correct

Titan
Since 121 is lower powered, 89 is pretty damn good. Thats like a 110 for a DBS satellite :)

I can get a 75-80 on my 121 and unless it pours, it holds up :)

Thanks for all the input!!! I have a customer that has the Greek International channel and he complains that it brakes up every now and then. I told him that it could be the fact that its a foreign channel. Does anyone subscribe to the Greek Antenna channel? If so, do you see pixelation often?

I subscribe to GermanTV and with that channel and any other internationals that are presented free rarely get dropouts. That being said dropouts on any channel have occurred from time to time. It all depends on how often this is occurring for example once every hour, day, or week?

I got tired of rain fade on 110 so I used my old dish 500 for 119 and 110 and superdish for 121 only. I believe 121 reads in the high 70's and 119 and 110 read well over 100 . You need 2 lines from dish 500 for 119 and 110 and 1 from superdish 121 lnb. My superdish was near the roof peak and hard to adjust so the dish 500 went back up and everyone is happy.

Contact DNS warehouse that is where we get ours, perfect situation for comm. situations. I can't find the picture right now, but contact any warehouse that uses Super Dishes and they will know what you are talking about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)