Boot Problem

navagator

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 3, 2007
I just got my OS Mio yesterday and hooked it up today and something isn't working correctly. After plugging in the power adapter it says it's booting and then counts erratically up to around 90 and then the front panel reads LAn9.

There's no picture on the screen either.

Thanks

Nothing wrong with the STB. The receiver is booting then loading the image. The STB is currently in the language selection (Lang) menu and your TV (or HDMI cable) is either not shaking hands properly to set the refresh rate or resolution correctly or the TV input is not correct.

If the TV is confirmed on the correct HDMI port, follow these steps to set the resolution / refresh rate:
Press OK (selects English)
Press OK (selects the HDMI Video connection)
Press OK (selects 720p)
Wait 10 seconds to enter the Start Wizard

You should be seeing an image now, If not, you may need to try a different HDMI, cable, HDMI port or initially connect to a different TV to set the resolution and refresh rate.

Thank you for your reply.

I plugged the receiver back in and it did the same thing and I then pressed the OK button but nothing changed. So, I went ahead and unplugged the receiver and tuned off the tv and then turned the tv back on and plugged in the receiver. This time the receiver counted up to 100 and the front panel stayed at 100. Still no picture though. I have an older rear projection set with only 1 HDMI hookup. The HDMI was being used by the cable box. I just unhooked it from the cable box and hooked it up to the receiver. I do have a new tv in the bedroom that I can hook it up to though if I need to to set the resolution.

If an older TV or using an older HDMI cable (older version), likely they would not support the handshake.

A single OK press will not display the menus. It would take multiple pushes:
Press OK (selects English)
Press OK (selects the HDMI Video connection)
Press OK (selects 720p)
Wait 10 seconds to enter the Start Wizard

You should be seeing video now, If not, you may need to try a different HDMI, cable.

Yes, try the new TV to set the resolution and refresh rate. I would start with 720p then see if the projection TV supports higher resolution once it is displaying video.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I pushed OK 3 times but didn't get a picture. I'll check the HDMI cable, I can't remember for sure when we purchased it.

Our tv is an older Hitachi but I know it supports 720p and 1080i.

I'll go ahead and hook it up to the tv in the bedroom a little later.

Thanks

The tv in the bedroom worked. It was set on 50 htz. When I hooked it back up to the living room tv I noticed that the text or settings on the sides of the screen were cut off. I went through the different aspect ratios on the tv and couldn't fix the problem, is there a setting on the receiver to correct this?

Thanks

Yes, the video refresh was at 50hz and either the projection TV or the HDMI cable didn't support handshake. It was good that you had a TV and/or HDMI cable that did support handshake for resolution/ refresh setting.

If the screen needs positioning or sizing, a video configuration menu appeared during the initial set-up that can be accessed again. I am not at the office, so don't have a STB in front of me. Can get back with you tomorrow, or maybe another member can direct you to this video sizing/positioning menu?

Be sure that the TV ratio setting is correctly set to a 16x9 or "Just Scan" mode before adjusting the STB video sizing.

To access the Overscan Wizard:
Menu>>> Set-up>>> System>>> Audio / Video>>> Overscan wizard

If you don't see the tips of all arrows, press the right navigation arrow to change to NO, press OK then follow prompts to adjust the overscan for Left / Right / Top / Bottom.

Thank you so much. That did the trick.

I'll get it set up know, it is quite a bit different but I think I'll get the hang of it. It might take me a few days though as I'm suffering through a bought of insomnia right now and my old thinker isn't quite as sharp as usual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)