Edison OS MIO 4k Stuck on 'boot'

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
FYI...
The Edision OS Mio 4k is a multi-boot STB and can have 4 images loaded and available for booting.

To load a new image in one of the empty slots 2, 3, or 4 running TNAP (The North American Project):

• Download the image (example - OpenATV 6.4 for Edision OS Mio 4k)
  • On a USB thumb drive, create a folder named "downloaded_images" on the top level
  • Place the zipped OpenATV 6.4 folder in "downloaded_images folder
  • Menu>>> Setup>>> Flash Image>>> Downloaded Images>>> OpenATV-6.4...... >>>>
  • Chose the slot you wish to install 1, 2, 3, or 4. I would not recommend overwriting slot 1 TNAP, as this is the image that I will provide technical support. (Example Slot 2)>>>> OK
  • The image will unzip and flash. When the install is displaying "Flashing Image Successful", press OK to select the slot to reboot.
  • Select Slot 2 and press the green button then Yes/OK to reboot.

You are now rebooted to OpenATV6.4 on Slot 2.

Reactions: Fizbi and KE4EST
Fizbi: You DO have another good image loaded in another slot, correct?

If so, pull the power cord from the back of the receiver. Stand right in front of the receiver, with the remote pointed at it. Plug the power cord back in. Rapidly keep hitting the MENU button on the remote. There's a timing component to it. When successful, it'll bring up a boot menu of any other images you have loaded in any other slot. If so, arrow to choose one, and hit OK.

IF not, then you have to load and image on a usb drive, put it in the receivers usb port, power cycle it, and reload from scratch.
Though this was posted a while ago thank you very much. I was trying out another image (PurE2 6.5) and my Edision locked up on me. I could not access any menu items with the remote and couldn't find a way to boot to another image using the OpenWebif interface either. Thought I was done for until I found this. Pulling the power, reconnecting then rapidly pressing the menu button got me to the screen with four image slots and I was able to boot back into a working image. Phew! :)

Though this was posted a while ago thank you very much. I was trying out another image (PurE2 6.5) and my Edision locked up on me. I could not access any menu items with the remote and couldn't find a way to boot to another image using the OpenWebif interface either. Thought I was done for until I found this. Pulling the power, reconnecting then rapidly pressing the menu button got me to the screen with four image slots and I was able to boot back into a working image. Phew! :)
Yeah, I posted that after it happened to me a couple years ago, and I spent most of the day trying to recover. Once they mentioned how to do this over at LegitFTA, I was back up and running in minutes.

This is ONE of the reasons why to ALWAYS have multiple working images in the various slots. Even if you don't use them, you can recover from almost anything quickly with this method if the present working image gets nuked.