Osmio 4K plus has bad tuner

Conway

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 9, 2007
I think my osmio 4K plus has a bad S2x tuner. Tuner A seems to fail to output voltage. I’m using Open PLi 8.3. I can unplug the unit for a while and plug it back in and it will work a while. If I turn it off and turn it back on later I get the no signal error. Tuner B S2 seems to work fine! Any ideas? Can the tuner be replaced?? Thanks!

• Sad
Reactions: FTA4PA
I have one of those but have never opened it up to see the inside. It is probably serviceable if parts are available. Unfortunately in most cases with electronics these days the replacement part and repair cost outweighs the price of a buying a new unit. :(

Just curious - did it just start doing this or was there an event recently like a power surge or lightning nearby that may have caused it?

Well last year we had a lightning strike nearby that took out my titanium ASC1 and my C1 LNBF. Edison seemed to work fine. Here lately on occasion when I turn the Edison on I get no signal.. it outputs no power to LNBF. I do nothing and I turn on the Edison this afternoon , behold it’s working again. Got me stumped! After storm I replaced the C1 LNBF.

• Sad
Well last year we had a lightning strike nearby that took out my titanium ASC1 and my C1 LNBF. Edison seemed to work fine. Here lately on occasion when I turn the Edison on I get no signal.. it outputs no power to LNBF. I do nothing and I turn on the Edison this afternoon , behold it’s working again. Got me stumped! After storm I replaced the C1 LNBF.
Unplug it, and disconnect ALL the cables. Leave it that way for a while. Then reconnect it all, and try again. Also, IF you have an empty slot, flash a NEW load of TNAP into it without restoring the backup. Then set it up basic on one satellite, and see if that works ok.

They only have 1 year warranty I believe, so if it's past that, you likely can't get it repaired under warranty. Especially after possible lightning strike damage.

Maybe some part got weakened by the strike. Not enough to fail at the time but with use it is starting to go? Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input! I am doing a fresh install with channel list to see what happens.

Installing a fresh image didn't change anything. I ended up having a bad coax. Had a crack that would open up when it got cold and wet letting in ingress and not passing voltage. So far so good.

Edision OS Mio+ has a 2-year warranty.

My trouble when attempting to fix mine was I couldn't find a schematic diagram.

Edision OS Mio+ has a 2-year warranty.

My trouble when attempting to fix mine was I couldn't find a schematic diagram.

Luckily my problem turned out to be a bad cable and connection and not my Edision. What problems were you having with yours?

Luckily my problem turned out to be a bad cable and connection and not my Edision. What problems were you having with yours?
A couple years ago, I had a near lightning strike and I think the unit was never quite the same after that. But just lately, when I couldn't load new software, I had the enlightened idea to increase source voltage "just a touch". This released the smoke contained in all electronics and I knew the game was over. So I got a new Edision and all is good now. Plus I have spare parts from the old one should I ever need them.

Reactions: Conway and FTA4PA