osmio-4k login problem

Discussion in 'Linux/Enigma OS Support' started by johnnynobody, Aug 13, 2019.

1. johnnynobody

johnnynobody Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

After rebooting my box i can longer access it with the remote control, telnet, or ssh. All I get is "Unsupported Mode" on the screen. The thing is dead. What can I do?

2. KE4EST

KE4EST SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

Now, where is the rest of the story. What were you doing before that?

3. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

Can you access it through the WEBIF screen? If so, use the on screen remote to go into your video settings, and change them to something your tv supports.

If not, pull the power cord, plug it back in, and as it starts booting, hit the remotes MENU key until the multi-boot menu comes up. Choose to boot into another image on your box that's good.

Though if I'm still on your "ignore" list, you'll never read any of my posts, and never learn all the tricks and tips I've posted since before you bought a MIO...

Good luck.

norman881 likes this.
  4. johnnynobody

I was using OpenSPA and found that only 2 satellites were showing. So, I rebooted to OpenPLi to check if the same thing happened to it but ended up with a black screen with Unsupported Mode on it.

5. Titanium

Titanium AI6US Lifetime Supporter

primestar31 likes this.
  6. johnnynobody

I managed to get back to OpenSPA using Webif but I couldn't fix the OpenPLi display problem. I got a couple more satellites scanned before I turned it over to the wife. Maybe I can work on this some more tomorrow.

primestar31 likes this.
  7. primestar31

primestar31 SatelliteGuys Master

Johnny, I've seen a few posts from people in various forums with some sort of wonky issue losing synced video signal with certain brands and models of tv sets on some images. They MUST choose "Mode 1080p" in A/V settings, or it sometimes does what yours just did.

Try that and see if that also could be the issue on that one image for you.

8. Titanium

As I recall, Johnny is using a video capture card. Not sure the capture card resolution can be changed. Think the unsupported resolution issue is the same as when he first activated the system.

Maybe connect to a multistandard monitor so the AV setting can be set to one compatible with the regular display monitor. The OpenPLI image probably updated and set to 50hz or unsupported resolution.

QUOTE="primestar31, Johnny, I've seen a few posts from people in various forums with some sort of wonky issue losing synced video signal with certain brands and models of tv sets on some images. They MUST choose "Mode 1080p" in A/V settings, or it sometimes does what yours just did.

Try that and see if that also could be the issue on that one image for you. /QUOTE

primestar31 likes this.
  9. johnnynobody

It's not going through the video capture card anymore.

That's not the problem.

It was working fine with this monitor until just recently so it isn't a compatibility issue or video setting problem.

10. SDA_FL_USA

SDA_FL_USA SatelliteGuys Family

Boot back into openpli and with openwebif take a screen shot of the A/V setting screen. menu-setup-system-Audio/video-A/V settings.

Titanium likes this.
  11. Titanium

Is your monitor compatible to display 50hz refresh type video? The default setting of many images is 50hz and the refresh rate is a setting in each image.

If the image has updated, the refresh rate may have reset to the 50hz default and cause the monitor to display this incompatible mode message.

primestar31 likes this.
  12. Chewie

Chewie SatelliteGuys Pro

If nothing works, replace the main image with a different image, not the same as the main image, this will erase all the multiboot images and you can set up the refresh rate during the setup of the new image.

Separate names with a comma.

More...