Bose Wave Radio

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AcWxRadar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 26, 2006
40 miles NW of Omaha. Omaha?
I had a chance to experience the Bose Wave Radio system a few days ago.

Sorry Dr. Bose, but your equipment did not impress me. The speakers and equipment that I have are nearly 20 years old or more and I like the sound that I get out of them. Some old Advent tower speakers and some newer Onkyo speakers all put together provide better and richer sound.

The Bose radio that I listened to was very tinny and sounded like a poor AM car radio to me in comparison to my home system.

For the price of the Bose system (the Wave Radio) I don't think that it is worth it at all. An acquaintance of mine has one of these Wave radios and so I went to listen to theirs, too. Same sound quality and not at all what I expected from the price.

My stereo system is far from an audiophile's dream, but it was a lot more inexpensive and it has lasted me all these years. I think that I will stick with what I have.

RADAR

Bose is waaaaaay overpriced. My In-laws bought a lifestyle system and AND the Wave a few years ago. My denon 1909, klipsch sub, and Def Tech speakers kill it.

Yes, Bose is overpriced. No doubt to that fact. But the Wave radio does not sound "tinny". Is it overpriced? Yes, of course it is. Like Sony, you are buying the name. Will the Wave radio sound as good as tower speakers and seperate receiver? No, of course not.

But for what it is, the Wave radio does sound very nice, if, as with any other audio equipment, it is used correctly and not used to try and over power the tower speaker/receiver system.

But even with that said, I wouldn't buy one. At least not for the money they command. I would not buy the Lifestyle system either. Not because it doesn't sound nice, it does, but because it too is overpriced.

Back to the Wave radio tho, compare it to any other clock radio in the same class and you will hear how good the Wave radio is in comparison. They are really made for non critical listening, like in a Dr.s office waiting room, or a nursing home residents room. It is small, completely contained, and sounds nice up to normal listening levels and below.

Compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts