Bose?

directvfreak said:
Bose isn't tricking people!!!!! If somebody doesn't like the product, they can return it. They are not lying! Most of the time, the Bose product purchased is superior to the product they replaced so people keep it. If someone thinks the speakers are terrible, fine, return it.
Most of the time the product being replaced is the TV's internal speaker :rolleyes:

I purchased a Onkyo HTS-780 7.1 system. its execllent. you can see it in the members equipment photos area. I also looked a Bose and was not impressed at all. The Onkyo was a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

aboz said:
I purchased a Onkyo HTS-780 7.1 system. its execllent. you can see it in the members equipment photos area. I also looked a Bose and was not impressed at all. The Onkyo was a hell of a lot cheaper as well.

I purchased a Bose Acoustimass 16 6.1 system. It's excellent. You can see it in the members equipment photos area. I also looked at Onkyo and was not impressed at all. The Bose was a hell of a lot more expensive as well.

I have several Bose products and my opinion is different about each one. In both of my Maximas I have bose speakers and they sound much, much, better than the "normal" car audio. Now, on the other hand, I purchased a Bose 321 system for 800 (refurbished), and was not very impressed at all. I have a pair of 25 year old KLH 12" and Cerwin-Vega 15" Loud Speakers and they sound much better than the Bose. The Bose 321 Cubes lack Midrange and High sounds. All they really put out are high-mids. I have my KLH's and Vegas set up side by side with the Bose and 25 year old KLH's and Vegas blow the Bose away. All I use the 321's for is the surround effect. Another Bose product I own is the original wave radio. It sounds pretty good considering it's size, but is a little pricey.

Just my 2 cents.

directvfreak said:
I purchased a Bose Acoustimass 16 6.1 system. It's excellent. You can see it in the members equipment photos area. I also looked at Onkyo and was not impressed at all. The Bose was a hell of a lot more expensive as well.

Omkyo is one of the top rated manufatuers of the "mass market" companies for price and quality. Being a Bose fanboy rep or salesman, you would find the BOSE better, But only people brainwashed by BOSE agree with you. As you said specs and reproduction are not important to you. I guess its the price (braging rights) or sounds bouncing off the walls in no uniform way from the 25 speakers that does it for you.

kdarcangelis870 said:
I have several Bose products and my opinion is different about each one. In both of my Maximas I have bose speakers and they sound much, much, better than the "normal" car audio. Now, on the other hand, I purchased a Bose 321 system for 800 (refurbished), and was not very impressed at all. I have a pair of 25 year old KLH 12" and Cerwin-Vega 15" Loud Speakers and they sound much better than the Bose. The Bose 321 Cubes lack Midrange and High sounds. All they really put out are high-mids. I have my KLH's and Vegas set up side by side with the Bose and 25 year old KLH's and Vegas blow the Bose away. All I use the 321's for is the surround effect. Another Bose product I own is the original wave radio. It sounds pretty good considering it's size, but is a little pricey.

Just my 2 cents.

Yes the BOSE system slapped in cars will sound better than the normal speakers, but for 100 bucks you can go to wal-mart and get speakers that will blow the BOSE speakers out of the water.

VIPERS-PIT said:
Omkyo is one of the top rated manufatuers of the "mass market" companies for price and quality. Being a Bose fanboy rep or salesman, you would find the BOSE better, But only people brainwashed by BOSE agree with you. As you said specs and reproduction are not important to you. I guess its the price (braging rights) or sounds bouncing off the walls in no uniform way from the 25 speakers that does it for you.

I know Onkyo is a good brand (even Bose knows that because in there stores, they sell onkyo receivers) but onkyos speakers are sh*t. Bose speakers or 20000 times better than onkyo speakers.

20,000 times better? wow, considering BOSE speakers suck big time, thats saying alot. Several people on here will disagree with you. I only use Onyko recievers, (because that is their focus). But I would put this product against ANYTHING BOSE has to sell - http://www.onkyousa.com/model.cfm?class=Systems&m=HT-S990THX&p=i

And for the reproduction of everything a human ear can pick up you need to read these.

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/sound/earsens.html

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2003/ChrisDAmbrose.shtml

http://www.silcom.com/~aludwig/EARS.htm

http://www.kemt.fei.tuke.sk/Predmety/KEMT320_EA/_web/Online_Course_on_Acoustics/hearing.html

I only use yamaha receivers. Yamaha receivers are very good, just as good as onkyo. I would have no problem purchasing an onkyo receiver, infact, my next receiver will probably be an onkyo, because when you make a purchase at the Bose store, you get 50% off onkyo A/V receivers.

So you only use Yamaha but your getting a Onkyo? Anyway the ones at Bose must be refabs because they dont sell at wholesale for 50% off.